Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I’d really like to see us sign a Striker Marriot would be great but 500k+ reported to have been bid I’m very surprised Fleetwood would turn down that sort of money. And personally I do feel it’s a big fee. But clearly manning wants him and he hasn’t got much wrong so far

I’d like to see us maybe go for Armstrong from Harrogate Eisa at MK or Will Evans and Newport to give Harris a challenge

The great thing is that being top of the league going into deadline day we’re going to be more desirable than most. Genuinely excited to see who arrives before the window shuts.
Nonsense, everyone knows that to attract the best players you should start the season terribly, be mid-table at best and scramble to bring in signings on Jan 31st.

For me I’d really like to see us sign a Striker Marriot would be great but 500k+ reported to have been bid I’m very surprised Fleetwood would turn down that sort of money. And personally I do feel it’s a big fee. But clearly manning wants him and he hasn’t got much wrong so far
I feel that with Perkins coming in we won't be signing Marriott or a player like him, it'll be a winger-forward rather than a central striker. That's unless Donks goes out on loan, but seeing how useful he's been in recent weeks by giving us a different dimension I don't see him departing.

I think it will be a winger as well with Perkins joining ,it's a good looking squad the boss says one more in. Unless we are hijacking the lad from Peterborough in a deal with how the board have backed the boss I wouldn't be surprised. Still think it's the Hull player .It doesn't seem to be right not worrying about the 7 players we think are coming in last minute dot com. it all feels like there's been a plan to have all the spots on the Park covered ,scratch of head sort of stuff. I loved the old fag packet list 🤣

Agree.

Rodrigues is a very clever footballer, technically sound with excellent vision and anticipation.
For someone who was playing at National League level last season he’s adjusted incredibly quicker and looking more impressive game by game.

Impressive signing.
He reminds me of Jeremy Charles

Thanks, just listened to it. To save others the trouble, the exact quote from Manning when asked about incomings and outgoings was:

"Hopefully I think one more to come in. So hopefully we're working at that at the minute, so hopefully one more. And on the outs front there's nothing close at the minute, so yeah we'll just have to play it by ear, see how the week works out."

Nothing itk, but I wonder if we might be in for Slobodan Tedic from Man City. A target man but much more mobile than Cosgrove who had a decent loan at Barnsley last season. Would offer something a bit different to what we have and is a good age. Can't see any issue getting him out of City.

Thanks, just listened to it. To save others the trouble, the exact quote from Manning when asked about incomings and outgoings was:

"Hopefully I think one more to come in. So hopefully we're working at that at the minute, so hopefully one more. And on the outs front there's nothing close at the minute, so yeah we'll just have to play it by ear, see how the week works out."

That sounds hopeful then.🙂

D’Margio Wright Phillips likely heading out on loan to L1 this week, wonder if he’s one that might be somewhere on our list. Longman seems to make most sense though from those mentioned.

D’Margio Wright Phillips likely heading out on loan to L1 this week, wonder if he’s one that might be somewhere on our list. Longman seems to make most sense though from those mentioned.
When I saw that rumour I thought about him signing, decent player, versatile and we have had Ian Wright at the club before to help out (of course under KR but still maybe ties there).

We need a striker, not one of these wide forwards who can play anywhere across the front - we’ve had so many of those over the years.

You're going to be disappointed then because Manning is a "play anywhere across the front three" kind of Manager.

Harris, Perkins and Longman would all fit that description but would be a very strong unit at this level.

You're going to be disappointed then because Manning is a "play anywhere across the front three" kind of Manager.

Harris, Perkins and Longman would all fit that description but would be a very strong unit at this level.
A good thing about the players we have and Manning's system is that 8 players could play up-front if absolutely necessary due to how he wants to play and who has played there before (Harris, Perkins, O'Donkor, Rodrigues, Bodin, Woltman, Murphy, Longman**).

So many different choices up front and the ability to have great players off the bench, Manning and the recruitment team have to be given massive plaudits for what has been (at least in my opinion) our best window for maybe 6 years based on what we really needed.

Last edited:
My only complaint about this transfer window is I wish we would sign a fox in the box a natural goal scorer because I think in this team we make so many chances of you had that striker he would easily score goals for fun. It could be the difference between finishing 1st or 6th

I do appreciate how Manning likes his forward players to be fluid and capable of playing across the front line

Eisa for me too.

Marriott was happy to sign a two and a half year deal at Fleetwood at the end of January. He signed the deal, knew where Fleetwood was but has apparently told the club he now wants a move back south to be closer to his family. Scott Brown is livid about it and wants Marriott to remain there but Brown is under pressure as Fleetwood aren’t creating too much and have had a poor start.

£500k for Marriott seems a bit rich to me though - but he’s a quality striker and I have to trust Liam Manning and Ed Waldron on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom