Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be delighted with the window overall with the addition of a left-winger.

That’s the only incoming I’m expecting today, and the only departure I think we’ll see is McGinty out on loan.

I think it’ll take about three games until we collectively discover we don’t need that extra striker as Perkins will be up and running.

Agree with others, even if we don't get any more in today it's still been a fantastic window and has gone some way to rectifying the mess the previous incumbent left us in, but I'd really love to see a proper number 9 coming in, and if we get an extra winger then a bonus....

-Harris/Perkins/GO'D/Tyler/Murphy/Mills/
/Rodrigues/Bodin/Browne (when fit again!)/Woltman is 10 players fighting for the front 4 spots....
-Cam/MM/Josh/Smyth fighting for the two midfield places.
-Moore and Negru seem to be the central defenders with Thorniley, Brown and Long as the back up
Leigh and Stevens will maybe become the two wide defenders with Brown and Long backing them up
-Beadle with Easty his back up

That leaves Golding/Johnson/Mfuni/Brearley/McGinty as out on loan or surplus for now?

Anything else to supplement what we have will be a bonus. Remarkable work by LM and EW over the last few months.

COYY's!!

9:12am
United have already signed Ruben Rodrigues, Mark Harris, Jordan Thorniley, Josh McEachran and Max Woltman on permanent contracts.

While signing James Beadle, Greg Leigh, Sonny Perkins, Fin Stevens and Stanley Mills on loan deals

I thought Leigh was a Permanent signing ( this is from ox mail website)

9:12am
United have already signed Ruben Rodrigues, Mark Harris, Jordan Thorniley, Josh McEachran and Max Woltman on permanent contracts.

While signing James Beadle, Greg Leigh, Sonny Perkins, Fin Stevens and Stanley Mills on loan deals

I thought Leigh was a Permanent signing ( this is from ox mail website)
He is

I think it's been a fantastic window and over the season Harris will score goals .It's one of those the lad from Leeds is an unknown in league 1 if we get another striker in does that stop God and his progress? I think if we get Edwards in that would be a great signing with Browne always a stop start sort of player.

Unless O'Donkor leaves on loan don't think we're desperate for a striker. Happy with our available choices - as I said the other day, with Harris, Perkins and O'Donkor the main options, with Bodin and Rodrigues players who have played through the middle in recent seasons.

If Murphy is indeed cooked in Manning's eyes then another wide-player wouldn't go amiss. Even then with no further incomings more than happy with the squad we've ended up with given how we were at the end of last season.

Manning says possibly one more on the Oxmail so I would not expect too much. The better news is we have not had any big offers for our players which I am more excited about if we can hold off clubs from desperate last minute big offers for the likes of brannagan and goodrham then will be really happy.

Yeah read that and was disappointed, but also he implies we wouldn't be against getting others in if they are improvements.. so could be more than 1 as deals are done.
Indeed, I read it as if something comes up we arent going to turn our nose up at it

I think a replacement for Browne has to be the priority. Which from the Ipswich fans comments that's exactly what Edwards would be.

Bodin, Tyler and Rodriguez are all on great form currently but for teams that sit back more I think we do lack someone who will regularly beat a man and get to the byline.

There's no way Leeds have loaned out Perkins for him to be 3rd choice striker so I'd be surprised if we get another number 9 in.

How nice is it to be this happy with the squad on deadline day!

I think a replacement for Browne has to be the priority. Which from the Ipswich fans comments that's exactly what Edwards would be.

Bodin, Tyler and Rodriguez are all on great form currently but for teams that sit back more I think we do lack someone who will regularly beat a man and get to the byline.

There's no way Leeds have loaned out Perkins for him to be 3rd choice striker so I'd be surprised if we get another number 9 in.

How nice is it to be this happy with the squad on deadline day!
True, but if say Ladapo or JCH become available at a suitable price, we'd be stupid to ignore those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom