Transfer News Summer Transfer Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt Langstaff quite lazy, not sure he works with our pressing at all if that is the case
I saw him play at AFCW a few months ago. Not impressed at all. He can finish, but he lacked pace, and looked slightly overweight. I watched his movement off the ball, and he was lazy. Reminded me of Cole Stockton.

Nice to also know we can have 9 subs on the bench next season, one from every position basically.

I'd very much like us to have a good look at Erhahon from Lincoln. He looks an excellent midfielder at league 1 level and is the type of profile that i can see us targeting. For the first time in quite some time, we will be in a position to pick off some of the best talent in the lower divisions. Hopefully we are smart with our business and look to build a portfolio of players that are financial assets to the football club and who can contribute immediately.
I thought Erhahon was fantastic when they beat us at ours recently. Reminded me of a much more physical and mobile version of McEachran.

Written on resigning ex players; next subject is signing current playing Champ players

It’s a No !

Proven, maybe
Wages currently high and probably outside our budget and would completely be out of skew with our current profile.
Motivation, limited
Age, under 25 ok over a no
Break the squads strong bond.

Eg S Baptiste / J Rothwell

Next episode is who should we sign?

Anyone know increase in TV money we will receive from the promotion to help fund player purchases?

With the new deal announced with Sky... £935m over five years... was trying to piece together what it meant but gave up!

Also, we provide limited information in our accounts to attempt to understand how much of our £7.5m turnover is presently TV money!

---

I think a mid-table championship club would take £8m TV money currently; made up of £5m from premier league | £3m EFL (maybe £2m + £1m appearances)
The EFL portion is "meant" to be 46% higher... I would assume base of £2m increasing to £3m + increase when on TV

---

Would hazard a guess at £9m revenue for next year vs. £3m currently? - or £6m increase? - am I way off if somebody knows?
or £120k per week / or 6 players on £20kpa (assuming owners like funding current losses!)

Anyone know increase in TV money we will receive from the promotion to help fund player purchases?

With the new deal announced with Sky... £935m over five years... was trying to piece together what it meant but gave up!

Also, we provide limited information in our accounts to attempt to understand how much of our £7.5m turnover is presently TV money!

---

I think a mid-table championship club would take £8m TV money currently; made up of £5m from premier league | £3m EFL (maybe £2m + £1m appearances)
The EFL portion is "meant" to be 46% higher... I would assume base of £2m increasing to £3m + increase when on TV

---

Would hazard a guess at £9m revenue for next year vs. £3m currently? - or £6m increase? - am I way off if somebody knows?
or £120k per week / or 6 players on £20kpa (assuming owners like funding current losses!)
I really hope we don't start paying players £20K a week. Apart from being unsustainable it would P**s off the existing players. I bet Luton didn't start paying those sorts of figures when they went into the Championship.

I really hope we don't start paying players £20K a week. Apart from being unsustainable it would P**s off the existing players. I bet Luton didn't start paying those sorts of figures when they went into the Championship.
The £20kpa was an example... obviously an extreme one...

But we have to figure out how to be competitive - which may mean a star or two to complement existing. That's notwithstanding current squad that may (or may not) have promotion clauses.

New contracts for those who don't get automatic promotion increases has to be the first priority. Hopefully promotion means that Tyler's release clause is gone, could be worth £10mill come January.

Also, you quote Luton... last year of championship they had a £28m wage bill (revenue was £18m)...

I have spares - which would you rather - umbros or sondico? Hope you don't have a heart attack in the trial - could be very bad for our defence

this is what I was thinking. The summer transfer window is exciting but god people must calm down. remember these are just rumours, other then the scott twine one.

Also, you quote Luton... last year of championship they had a £28m wage bill (revenue was £18m)...
I'd be surprised if we don't have the smallest budget in the league, and probably by quite some distance.

There are no 'smaller' clubs in the Championship next season. The majority are pretty heavy hitters.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I'd be surprised if we don't have the smallest budget in the league, and probably by quite some distance.

There are no 'smaller' clubs in the Championship next season. The majority are pretty heavy hitters.
You’re right in what you say about the make up of the league, but not sure it’ll be that extreme.

Firstly Plymouth Argyle are still in there, then you look at our spending compared to clubs like Millwall, QPR, Blackburn. We won’t be miles off with the Championship cash injection.

We shouldn’t be trying to compete for £15k-£20k a week average senior Championship players as well. We can’t play Stoke and Sunderland at their own game, and even if we could, I’m not sure I’d want us to. It’s young, hungry players whose careers are going in the right direction that we need.

Plymouth got it right - two £1m signings and some top quality loans. Our picture looks slightly different if we can keep Murphy, but sure we’ll be working to the same principles.

I would bring amazed if we have by far the smallest budget.
Plymouth, Millwall, Pompey , Blackburn, Preston will not have huge salaries.
All of the talk is that the new owners will give a competitive budget.

• React
Reactions: Ian
You’re right in what you say about the make up of the league, but not sure it’ll be that extreme.

Firstly Plymouth Argyle are still in there, then you look at our spending compared to clubs like Millwall, QPR, Blackburn. We won’t be miles off with the Championship cash injection.

We shouldn’t be trying to compete for £15k-£20k a week average senior Championship players as well. We can’t play Stoke and Sunderland at their own game, and even if we could, I’m not sure I’d want us to. It’s young, hungry players whose careers are going in the right direction that we need.

Plymouth got it right - two £1m signings and some top quality loans. Our picture looks slightly different if we can keep Murphy, but sure we’ll be working to the same principles.
Last season (when we were both in L1) Plymouth had double the turnover we did. In the Championship we will unfortunately be the 'minnows'.

With some clever recruitment that hopefully won't matter though!

Wonder if Ipswich might look to loan out Al Hamadi next season, surely the jump from L2 to premiership in a year is far too big.
Not so sure they will loan him out- I have AFCW mates, so saw quite a bit of Al Hamadi before he went to Ipswich- he's got the lot. Best L2 forward since Roofe imo. He's really quick, so might have a chance of making it in the PL.

I would bring amazed if we have by far the smallest budget.
Plymouth, Millwall, Pompey , Blackburn, Preston will not have huge salaries.
All of the talk is that the new owners will give a competitive budget.

What is small / not huge?

Preston... £21mils (ending June 2023)
Blackburn... £26mils
Millwall... £23mils

Like others have said I hope we can possibly use DB’s city links to attract some top loan players. Personally I’d target a mix of the best talent in L1, the truly exceptional L2 and a fair few experienced championship players.
Think we should try and buy Peterborough players just to P**s them off even more now we are a bigger club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom