National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Yes, let's pick a fight with out nearest neighbours. 🤦‍♂️ The Brexiteers will love it.

We'll deprived then of our er, er, whisky and er.... that will show them.

First boat the French have stopped in the last 5 years at least........................... 🤷‍♀️

Pardon?
That's hardly supportive of the government's actions. It voted down the Lords' amendment only to do another U-turn following widespread public outrage (Johnson following and not leading yet again).

I'm a bit surprised by fullfacts using the word 'sometimes' here

These required the government to prepare a plan looking at how to reduce discharges of sewage into rivers, which sometimes occurs when sewerage systems do not have capacity to process sewage.

When it's linked to a report citing 'more than 400,000 discharge of raw sewage on 2020'.

Fullfacts also talk about “permits contain conditions that control the quality of the effluent you can discharge”, but not the many contraventions of the permit system that has resulted in the need for £millions in fines.

BTW Edgar was your point?

You're happy with what Brexit's allowing the Tories to do?
I'm not that bothered because I'm just getting on with my life rather than living in a constant state of paranoia about the Tories and Brexit.

Why are so many Remainers happy for other countries/the EU to show blatant nationalistic tendencies but wet the bed when the UK does anything that protects our national interest?

First boat the French have stopped in the last 5 years at least........................... 🤷‍♀️
Why are all the migrants fleeing the EU to get to Britain? I thought the EU was a paradise and the UK was a backwards wasteland? I'm a bit confused.

I'm starting to think all the bollox Remainers talk might not be true Essex.

Why are all the migrants fleeing the EU to get to Britain? I thought the EU was a paradise and the UK was a backwards wasteland? I'm a bit confused.

Because
A) their only other language is English
B) they have family here.
C) they are forced by the traffickers.

Take your pick.
I'm not that bothered because I'm just getting on with my life rather than living in a constant state of paranoia about the Tories and Brexit.
Being concerned at raw sewage being pumped into our rivers and seas is being paranoid but wetting youself over wokeness at every twist and turn isnt? 🤣🤣🤣

Why are so many Remainers happy for other countries/the EU to show blatant nationalistic tendencies but wet the bed when the UK does anything that protects our national interest?
Who has said that on this forum?

Because
A) their only other language is English
B) they have family here.
C) they are forced by the traffickers.

Take your pick.

Being concerned at raw sewage being pumped into our rivers and seas is being paranoid but wetting youself over wokeness at every twist and turn isnt? 🤣🤣🤣

Who has said that on this forum?
or D) They think the UK is a better place to live with a more generous welfare state.

You're really going to not include the main reason :ROFLMAO:

Have it your way.

The Chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility doesn't agree with you though: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020

I know who I would rather trust

And if you need a hint, it's not some random paranoid "reds under the bed" conspiracy theorist on a niche football forum, who has yet to post a shred of tangible and verifiable evidence to back any of their whack-job claims :ROFLMAO:

I'm beginning to think you might be the living embodiment of the self-righteous brothers re-imagined for the digital age.

ffhm6ZSS97wrM6wOsljpsRg_ONJ_SHJIOhrrIrRHTolA5OSrSj7QbOPb9AV1KLA__vs4npYBd8HpigEkzOnRPoQLNRdDIRojXEUA_WnWL7dgZCki308

Have it your way.

The Chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility doesn't agree with you though: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020

I know who I would rather trust

And if you need a hint, it's not some random paranoid "reds under the bed" conspiracy theorist on a niche football forum, who has yet to post a shred of tangible and verifiable evidence to back any of their whack-job claims :ROFLMAO:

I'm beginning to think you might be the living embodiment of the self-righteous brothers re-imagined for the digital age.

ffhm6ZSS97wrM6wOsljpsRg_ONJ_SHJIOhrrIrRHTolA5OSrSj7QbOPb9AV1KLA__vs4npYBd8HpigEkzOnRPoQLNRdDIRojXEUA_WnWL7dgZCki308
"Now don't get me wrong I like Madonna but if she came in this pub spouting her woke views I'd ... "

The EU's so-called "Dublin Regulation" stipulates migrants must apply for asylum in the European country where they first arrive - more often than not Italy, Greece and Spain - and will be sent back to that nation if found in another member state.

Enforcing that would be a start. 🤷‍♀️

There are legitimate means to claiming asylum in the UK so they should be used. Period.

Don`t use them? "Home" you go be that France, Italy, Greece, Spain .....

The EU's so-called "Dublin Regulation" stipulates migrants must apply for asylum in the European country where they first arrive - more often than not Italy, Greece and Spain - and will be sent back to that nation if found in another member state.

There are legitimate means to claiming asylum in the UK so they should be used. Period.

They want to come here so they can visit their uncle, or traffikers are forcing them, or something.

Why would anyone want to come to the UK racist backwater from the EU paradise Essex? It's baffling.

I heard recently that’s not actually true. I’ll try and recall where I heard it.

Some facts on migration and numbers compared across European Countries. This is from 2019 when we were still a member. https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/21810/seeking-asylum-in-europe-in-2019-facts-and-figures

The headlines if you can't be bothered to read:

Roughly 473,000 first time asylum applications between Jan & Sept in 2019 - extrapolated to 630,000 for the whole year.

From Jan - Sept, applications by top six country as follows:

Germany: 111,000
France: 87,100
Spain: 80,000
Greece: 47,000
UK: 32,000
Italy: 25,000

All bar Greece are the most populous countries in Europe and in fact Greece and Malta has the most first time asylum applications per capita in Europe.

The Dublin Regulation that Essex refers to is explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation and has been around since 1990 in various forms, but it is about a mechanism for identifying the country responsible for examining an application for asylum and provides a mechanism to transfer the applicant to that member state.

Hungary withdrew from it in 2015 because it said it was overwhelmed with applications for asylum in it's own country already (60,000 in 2015). The response from Germany and Czech Rep was to process more applications.

We withdrew from that when we did a Brexit I'm afraid.

Living in Germany is obviously almost 4 times more attractive than living in the UK if you're an asylum seeker...but don't let small matters such as facts get in the way of a good bit of jingoistic nonsensical/ill thought out ranting.

Last edited:
Some facts on migration and numbers compared across European Countries. This is from 2019 when we were still a member. https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/21810/seeking-asylum-in-europe-in-2019-facts-and-figures

The headlines if you can't be bothered to read:

Roughly 473,000 first time asylum applications between Jan & Sept in 2019 - extrapolated to 630,000 for the whole year.

From Jan - Sept, applications by top six country as follows:

Germany: 111,000
France: 87,100
Spain: 80,000
Greece: 47,000
UK: 32,000
Italy: 25,000

All bar Greece are the most populous countries in Europe and in fact Greece and Malta has the most first time asylum applications per capita in Europe.

The Dublin Regulation that Essex refers to is explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation and has been around since 1990 in various forms, but it is about a mechanism for identifying the country responsible for examining an application for asylum and provides a mechanism to transfer the applicant to that member state.

Hungary withdrew from it in 2015 because it said it was overwhelmed with applications for asylum in it's own country already (60,000 in 2015). The response from Germany and Czech Rep was to process more applications.

We withdrew from that when we did a Brexit I'm afraid.

Living in Germany is obviously almost 4 times more attractive than living in the UK if you're an asylum seeker...but don't let small matters such as facts get in the way of a good bit of jingoistic nonsensical/ill thought out ranting.
What are you saying @Wandering Yellow is talking complete crap again? I starting to suspect he knows little and bases his views on a prejudiced, factually incorrect view of the world.

Good a place as any......................... million a day fine for Poland for not kneeling to the EU boot. 🤷‍♀️

And that is on top of the 1/2 million a day fine for not closing a coal mine.........

"His conservative-nationalist government has already been ordered by the ECJ to pay €500,000 a day for failing to shut down temporarily the enormous Turow coal mine and power plant close to the German and Czech borders. Poland has refused to pay that fine because it argues the plant heats and provides water to local homes."

Not so good in Rome either.

Result of some EU ruling.

Back
Top Bottom