Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to keep selling because the players want to keep earning . If it's a good deal for everyone the next big sale could be the left back we are about to buy or the midfielder for the under 23s . We have done as well as anybody at our level over the last few years. And if dickie is sold in January that could be massive or Atkinson over the next few years . The players we sell are an advert for anyone who wants to go to a club that gives them the chance to get to the top . That's life and we have had alot of good players with us over the last few years and there will be one big signing yet if not two . Well done to the board for keep putting the money where there mouths are in Avery quite way. It's going to be more exciting than most league 1 and league 2 clubs

Just tell them when they sign they will be expected to stay for 2 of their 3 years, then they can jump ship. Surely that's not unreasonable or would stop anyone signing?
Maybe, not sure it’s ideal to sell players with a year left and not sure how realistic that is in any case though.

We have got used to seeing these great young players and then selling them for millions but it’s not universal at our level. What’s the last big sale Plymouth or MK Dons made?

I think we are getting a good deal! We payed a small fee for Atkinson and we are getting 1.6-2mil for him. Not a bad turn around in one season. Especially as, at this moment in time he’s not as good as Moore. He has lots of potential but makes errors that cost goals, which could be down to his lack of experience. If we can use his money as Nixon says, to bring in another cb and fall back which I think will require fees we’ve done ok.

We have got used to seeing these great young players and then selling them for millions but it’s not universal at our level. What’s the last big sale Plymouth or MK Dons made?

Have their recruitment teams been as clever as us at finding talented young and cheap players?

When was the last time they finished above us?

In the far distance of time the sales of Dave roberts to Hull and mick tait were greeted with why go there, but money talks

Maybe, not sure it’s ideal to sell players with a year left and not sure how realistic that is in any case though.
If they are wanted by clubs higher up, then they will pay if a player still has a year on his contract.

Not sure how much leverage people think we have here. Keep a player against his will and send a message to any future signings that we’ll do the same to them when the Championship comes calling asking to double their money?

This, 100%. Atkinson has a chance to double his wages, we need to be realistic about what the club can actually do in this situation.

I think we are getting a good deal! We payed a small fee for Atkinson and we are getting 1.6-2mil for him. Not a bad turn around in one season. Especially as, at this moment in time he’s not as good as Moore. He has lots of potential but makes errors that cost goals, which could be down to his lack of experience. If we can use his money as Nixon says, to bring in another cb and fall back which I think will require fees we’ve done ok.
To me it's largely irrelevant how much we paid, it's more a players worth now as a player for us, especially if we could still get a decent fee in a years time.

Have their recruitment teams been as clever as us at finding talented young and cheap players?

When was the last time they finished above us?
Yeah I’m saying we do this very well and have got blasé about finding these great players and making lots of money from them. We could so easily be fannying around like Plymouth with no great assets. It’s still disappointing to lose players and the fee seems low, though i don’t know whether that’s right.

Some reported that we got around £1m for Dickie, so I wouldn't worry about the £1.6m being reported. It's in everyone's interest to down play the final figure, buying club reduces expectations and the selling club don't get dicked on replacements.

His valuation will never be £6m+ whilst a league one player. That's insane. Ivan Toney went for £5m!!!

And the takeover has happened with exactly the same people around now as before. The idea that Tiger would sanction a sale beyond the wishes of the rest of the board is as insane as Rob being worth £6m!!!!

Missed the announcement....... luckily its on here. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve no issue with us being a selling club. If Atkinson goes I’m confident we’ll do ok financially out of it. I also don’t think selling him makes us any less of an ambitious club.

As others have said - it is crucial we make a big player sale, at least every summer. It’s how we cut our teeth and stay even remotely solvent at this point - and it’s also the model which ensures we can attract young stars in future. See how much Tottenham will either a) struggle to attract top talent or b) have to overpay to get it if Levy REALLY digs his heels in and stops Kane moving on this summer…

To me the key is what we do after the Atkinson sale. In my opinion, we can demonstrate a championship/top 30 mentality by making him the only sale of the window. The rest of the squad stays together - and we use some of the Atkinson cash to ensure other assets with contracts close to expiry (e.g. Moore) sign new deals - at least to give us another window to sell them.

Secondly, we reinvest and replace properly. By properly I mean both the quality of the player (Kerr looks a promising type to be linked with), but also the timing of the recruitment. As others have said - losing the entire left side of our defence is far from ideal. Replacements for these key positions can’t be left until the end of August.

If we flog Atkinson for a reasonable (but clearly not as sizeable as some would like) fee, wait until August 30th because we’re looking at the ‘right kind of player’ and start like a sack of sh*t again because we have 35YO Mous at CB and Hanson at LB, effectively giving up a months-worth of points which could be crucial at the end of the season…clearly people will be annoyed. (And very clearly DOESN’T represent a big club mentality…)

To me it's largely irrelevant how much we paid, it's more a players worth now as a player for us, especially if we could still get a decent fee in a years time.
Not sure it’s irrelevant! If we use the fee to buy another player for a small fee, and the rest of the money helps with the club’s debt. Which in turn keeps the club healthy and moving along in the right direction.

Atkinson is not the finished article, yet. But another year, and he will be even better, and worth even more. I'm a big fan of Mous, but he's 35, and hasn't played in nearly a year, after a serious knee injury, and can't be considered a genuine first team option now.

But we did get promoted, and Roofe was sold for big bucks. I dread to think what he would've been sold for by the current regime, probably £1.5m in the January window, along with others, and we would've missed out on promotion!

But in a years time, he will be worth a lot more. Once again, we're too eager to jump the gun, and we're having our pants pulled down again.
Bristol City wil be offering him at least 3 times more than he’s getting here
The club can’t compete with that salary, neither would they want to stand in his way

Not sure it’s irrelevant! If we use the fee to buy another player for a small fee, and the rest of the money helps with the club’s debt. Which in turn keeps the club healthy and moving along in the right direction.
right direction on the pitch means hoping to reach the lottery that is the Play Offs ?

even one tiny glance at League One shows there are some 12 clubs to compete against + the odd surprise each season

We need to be cemented in top 2 and our chances of doing that decrease when handing advantage to opponents

if it's just about survival then stop this top 30 club nonsense

Yeah I’m saying we do this very well and have got blasé about finding these great players and making lots of money from them. We could so easily be fannying around like Plymouth with no great assets. It’s still disappointing to lose players and the fee seems low, though i don’t know whether that’s right.
we are still in the same league as them and if we keep selling players for peanuts we will continue being in the same league as them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom