Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because that's just what I've said. I'm not sure why it is difficult to understand that players have very different qualities and for all of his strengths, Atkinson was a bit naive at times positionally and losing the ball and being caught too far up the pitch. He was also excellent at winning everything in the air and being the one to bring the ball out of the defence, and we will miss both. But I think Moore was the better defender and Thorniley will hopefully add more experience and solidity at the back.

We had similar discussions about whether Cadden was better than Long and you threw the same accusations at me then when I put my support behind Longy! Sometimes back our players works out pretty well, maybe you should give it a go!!
Centre half that stood out as the most accomplished of our two CMs was Moore by a country mile. Thought he would have gone this closed season so on the basis that one was destined to go, great he hasn’t! Really rate him. Atkinson huge potential but was raw.

Long had a good season. His pace and defending though is an issue in my mind. Good league one ‘club player’ but an area I would have liked to have seen us improve. Someone in the ilk of Neil Slatter would have been nice at right back.

Centre half that stood out as the most accomplished of our two CMs was Moore by a country mile. Thought he would have gone this closed season so on the basis that one was destined to go, great he hasn’t! Really rate him. Atkinson huge potential but was raw.

Long had a good season. His pace and defending though is an issue in my mind. Good league one ‘club player’ but an area I would have liked to have seen us improve. Someone in the ilk of Neil Slatter would have been nice at right back.

Sorry have to totally disagreed with you. In my mind Sams goal at Gillingham was the goal of the season for me, his wing back roll was a joy to watch, how he got to the byline in many occasions to receive the ball and to then lay it back for shots some that were goals was brilliant.
He needs a solid back up RB but I would be more than happy with Forde there.

Sorry have to totally disagreed with you. In my mind Sams goal at Gillingham was the goal of the season for me, his wing back roll was a joy to watch, how he got to the byline in many occasions to receive the ball and to then lay it back for shots some that were goals was brilliant.
The worry about Sam Long is his injuries. Other than that I would always start him. He was one of our best players last season and has improved year on year.

Long's pace? Doesn't he come out near the top of all sprint work for pace?

Sorry but forde is not a full back.

I think I disagree with both of your points -

Atkinson had a better season than Moore, hence why he was in the team of the season and Moore wasn’t (but both are good)

Long was our player of the year and is not an area which needed improving (injuries apart)

Atkinson had a better season than Moore, hence why he was in the team of the season and Moore wasn’t (but both are good)

Long was our player of the year and is not an area which needed improving (injuries apart)

Not sure your first point is correct. Atkinson was higher up the pecking order of left sided central defenders than Moore was among the right sided central defenders, but there are a lot more decent players in the latter category.

Agree re Long though and indeed let's hope his fitness isn't a concern.

To me Atkinson only caught the eye and got in the team of the year due to his forays forward. Moore was easily the better defender, to me.

How is the team of the year decided? I think people might be putting a bit more weight on it than it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom