Wales Vs Denmark

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
I expect we’ll hear bleating in Wales. They don’t like it up em.

I'm not Welsh before anyone starts. I thought the officials were alot better in this tournament then what we are offered in league 1 and even in the Premier league. But tonight they have been poor, missing freekicks and giving a yellow card for a not even a foul offence.

Denmark have been worthy winners so far though.
If it was the yellow for the elbow in the head by Moore you are referring too, it was a blatant yellow. Dont know what Robbie Savage was on about.

If it was the yellow for the elbow in the head by Moore you are referring too, it was a blatant yellow. Dont know what Robbie Savage was on about.

He was on the way down from the air when he caught their player and didn't see their player. He won the ball cleanly too. No way would that be a yellow in league 1 or 2 it wouldn't even be a foul.

He was on the way down from the air when he caught their player and didn't see their player. He won the ball cleanly too. No way would that be a yellow in league 1 or 2 it wouldn't even be a foul.
Yes it would. Any elbow to the head in that situation would be carded, red if intentional, yellow if accidental. Doesn't matter if he saw the player or not or if he won the ball. It his responsibility to ensure his elbow doesn't make contact with the opponents head. It is 2021, with all we are learning about head injuries, concussion and future brain problems means players heads need to be protected. Football finally catching up with other sports. Accidental contact with the head in Rugby happens all the time and is carded.

It was a clear and obvious mistake. That’s a blatant foul in the buildup
Maybe they are not going a long way back in the move?
I personally much prefer VAR in the Euros than in the PL.
A much 'lighter touch' as one commentator suggested.

Maybe they are not going a long way back in the move?
I personally much prefer VAR in the Euros than in the PL.
A much 'lighter touch' as one commentator suggested.
I think it’s just as bad as in the PL - just the other way! As annoying as it is when they look at every little thing and constantly disallow goals, there’s also no point in having it at all if you aren’t going to look at a blatant foul just before the team goes on to score, or you don’t look at some of the crazy, crazy penalty decisions which have been given/not given recently in these Euros!!

Denmark deserved the win though and probably would have gone to win it anyway however so not too much harm done.

Back
Top Bottom