Away Match Day Thread +++ 07/03/20 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC +++

• Thread starter Shropshire U
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We owe them for the last game and with a relatively fit squad and a week off, the team should be champing at the bit for a win here. Not going to be at all easy - even if Whalley and McAleny seem to be out

ESgvIBIWAAU022y.jpg:large

Like that team now go and get 3 points will be a nice birthday present for me ?

No defender on the bench.
Forde? .... though he is more of a midfielder, who's been playing as a FB.... and Thorne, a defensive midfielder?

but, yes, no out and out defender.... attacking line up it is then

I don't think there are fit and available options for a defender on the bench. Forde can go to full back and Long can play in the middle. I'm sure Mackie would fancy himself at CB too ?

Forde? .... though he is more of a midfielder, who's been playing as a FB.... and Thorne, a defensive midfielder?

but, yes, no out and out defender.... attacking line up it is then
which, presumably, if Moore gets 'the shout' during the game Sam Long switches to CB and Forde comes on as FB ?

Afternoon folks. First game of an interesting run-in. We will come home with 3 points after a 3-0 win.

Edit after half-time we will win 2-3

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

which, presumably, if Moore gets 'the shout' during the game Sam Long switches to CB and Forde comes on as FB ?

I didn't consider that. If a mid-match labour is a possibility, all the more reason to have defensive cover on the bench!

Certainly think that Thorne and Kelly as bench options is overkill.

An away win today & its back into the playoff places guaranteed.... if, ( BIG IF) other L1 results go 'kindly' , come 5pm & the U's could climb to 3rd place

I guess it’s a a case of:

If we lose Ruffels, Long goes LB and Forde goes RB
Lose a centre back, Long to CB and Forde RB
Lose Long and Forde straight swaps at RB

What we do if we lose two though ?. Hey, we lost a keeper here in 2003 and had Scott McNiven in goal so we’ve done it before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom