Current Player #1 Jamie Cumming

Hopefully a great signing and can be just as good as beadle was! Good to hear him say in the interview, that he works alot on crosses into the box, because we have seemed to be conceding alot from balls into the box, hopefully with that bit more experience he can help the defenders a bit more with set pieces etc. If there was 1 weakness of Beadle, it was dealing with balls into the box, but that’s understandable with his inexperience.

Surely there was no chance of a optional clause at the end as hes out of contract?
I suppose it depends on whether Chelsea were going to re-sign him. Very, very unlikely, but we did it before selling Sercombe and I think West Brom did it before we bought Roofe.

You would hope that money bags Chelsea would be happy to let him go on a free and not do that.

Really pleased with this signing. A similar mould as Beadle in that he can play as well as being a decent shot stopper, you have to think that he's playing for a permanent deal at the end of the season as well. Well done Ed and the team, a vital position filled. Let's get a goalscorer now.

You would hope that money bags Chelsea would be happy to let him go on a free and not do that.

Also if they did and then he had a poor loan spell with us (I'm sure he won't, but if he did) and we didn't want to sign him, then they'd then be stuck with him under contract for however long they extended him.

No other English club apart from Chelsea can offer him a contract until a month before his current deal runs out (although clubs from any other country could offer him a deal now).

Practically, the only way to secure him permanently would have been to offer Chelsea a fee for him now. We probably viewed that as a bit too much of a risk.

Instead the risk we face is keeping him if he turns out to be absolutely awesome.

Brilliant, Piece of business. The spine of the team ,Moore center half ,Cam middle of the park. A strong central striker next .We'll done the board ,once again.

Delighted, could be seen as an upgrade due to experience alone. Look forward to seeing him play comes from good pedigree with some glowing reports.
He’s probably an advance on the Jamie Beadle that arrived here. He’ll have to go some to be a better goalkeeper than the one that left.

I have vague memories of his MK performances against us and most of it was him with the ball at feet so we know he won’t drop his guts when given the ball at least.

It’s a great signing, completed promptly so full marks to Ed again for being prepared and getting it done, not wasting any league games without a competent number one.

Few more to go.

I'm excited to see Jamie play, I just wish it could have been with an agreement to sign permanently at the end of the loan. I'm just worried that if he plays brilliantly, that he'll get snapped up by a bigger club.
But surely if he is out of contract in the summer Chelsea can't authorize a permanent sale at the end of the loan? It is nothing to do with Chelsea. We just negotiate with JC when he is here.

I'm excited to see Jamie play, I just wish it could have been with an agreement to sign permanently at the end of the loan. I'm just worried that if he plays brilliantly, that he'll get snapped up by a bigger club.
Let’s hope he plays terribly and has no choice but to sign here

We're probably safe enough tbh if we want him on a perm. He's 24, and has never played above L1. To my knowledge no Championship club has been interested. Even if he plays really well for us, he's unlikely to get a Championship #1 offer in the summer. I saw him a couple of times for Franchise. Always thought he looked really good. Great signing imo

Contracts finish, but there’s usually a option in the background.

But surely if he is out of contract in the summer Chelsea can't authorize a permanent sale at the end of the loan? It is nothing to do with Chelsea. We just negotiate with JC when he is here.

Yes, but we are not allowed to formally, legally sign him up on a contract for next season until one month before his current contract expires. We can informally negotiate and agree terms, but we can't get it in writing until May (unless we agree a fee, and pay it to Chelsea to sign him immediately).

Not necessarily saying this is a bad thing - if he's good, we'll keep him. If he's rubbish, we'll not. The only risk is if he's stupendously great, enough to attract Championship clubs to come sniffing.....

Back
Top Bottom