Current Player #1 Jamie Cumming

How was Greg Leigh's cameo btw - did he look fully recovered?

Cumming looked great. Very confident. Beadle has a higher 'ceiling'- I think he'll play for England. But Cumming is probably a better L1 keeper just now. He's obviously very good at this level and he's 100+ games already. Really hope we keep him on a perm at the end of the season.

Not the most convincing of performances. Flapped at a soft cross, looked to be very edgy receiving the ball to feet and got away with a few loose kicks. He‘s a keeper who stays on his line too, thought he could have come out a few times and cleaned everyone out but chose to stay on his line.

Not the most convincing of performances. Flapped at a soft cross, looked to be very edgy receiving the ball to feet and got away with a few loose kicks. He‘s a keeper who stays on his line too, thought he could have come out a few times and cleaned everyone out but chose to stay on his line.
Not the easiest conditions for a keeper, particularly at our ground where the wind and rain swirls. I thought the same but put it down to the conditions for this one.

I was a GK, albeit not anything special, but myself and the other GKs were told by coaches to be extremely conservative when the conditions were bad as like a golden rule.

Yea I'm going to give him a chance those conditions weren't great for a goalie hopefully he comes good

And to offer a contrasting view, I was actually quite impressed with him last night. Awful conditions for him and sure he shanked a few kicks - but so did a number of outfield players too.

In the first half in particular we kept putting him under pressure unnecessarily with poor back passes and he generally coped ok. Kane put in a number of difficult crosses into a crowded penalty and I thought he held his own. One punch out from under the bar when he had two Barnsley players converging on him was great. He also had a couple of squirming shots along the wet turf that he handled well too.

I’m still not convinced that our January business has been much good at all, but I do think for right now Cumming is a good upgrade on Beadle.

And to offer a contrasting view, I was actually quite impressed with him last night. Awful conditions for him and sure he shanked a few kicks - but so did a number of outfield players too.

In the first half in particular we kept putting him under pressure unnecessarily with poor back passes and he generally coped ok. Kane put in a number of difficult crosses into a crowded penalty and I thought he held his own. One punch out from under the bar when he had two Barnsley players converging on him was great. He also had a couple of squirming shots along the wet turf that he handled well too.

I’m still not convinced that our January business has been much good at all, but I do think for right now Cumming is a good upgrade on Beadle.

Not so sure he’s an upgrade on Beadle, hopefully he might be as good but not much I’ve seen so far say he’s going to be better.

Some of those back passes to him were so ponderous by our defenders and telegraphed. Rather than a quick pass back both Moore and Brown do their little sideways shuffle routine with the ball then pass it to Cummings who is under pressure straight away.
I’m not sure Beadle would have been able to do much better.

Some of those back passes to him were so ponderous by our defenders and telegraphed. Rather than a quick pass back both Moore and Brown do their little sideways shuffle routine with the ball then pass it to Cummings who is under pressure straight away.
I’m not sure Beadle would have been able to do much better.
That's right, he was put under unnecessary pressure by those around him making poor choices.

Apparently a lot of people on here thought he was an upgrade on Beadle.

He has the experience we need. He needs a few games more to improve I think, then we should see a better Jamie Cumming.
A friend of mine who supports Gillingham said he was outstanding for them.
I just hope we have the right manager for him. I’m concerned that we have no cutting edge, and Goodwin might not be available for Portsmouth and Reading.
I have never been so pessimistic about an upcoming home game as this one on Tuesday

Back
Top Bottom