Current Player #1 Jamie Cumming

Yes, but we are not allowed to formally, legally sign him up on a contract for next season until one month before his current contract expires. We can informally negotiate and agree terms, but we can't get it in writing until May (unless we agree a fee, and pay it to Chelsea to sign him immediately).

Not necessarily saying this is a bad thing - if he's good, we'll keep him. If he's rubbish, we'll not. The only risk is if he's stupendously great, enough to attract Championship clubs to come sniffing.....
Have it on good authority he's got a deal with Chelsea that runs until 2025, so if we want him permanently before then we'll need to agree a fee.

Have it on good authority he's got a deal with Chelsea that runs until 2025, so if we want him we'll need to agree a fee.
Unless they have an automatic extension that hasn't been announced, by all accounts every source available says his deal ends this summer.

Have it on good authority he's got a deal with Chelsea that runs until 2025, so if we want him permanently before then we'll need to agree a fee.

Transfermarkt are generally pretty accurate and they have his contract with Chelsea running out on 30th June 2024. There may be am option to extend, like we have with Marcus McGuane, but I'm not sure that Chelsea would invoke this.

It's rumoured that he is on £10k a week at Chelsea so a 12 month extention could potentially cost them £500k in wages, and probably 50% or more even if he went out on loan for another year.

The best thing for all parties would be for Cumming to get himself a decent contract elsewhere and get to establishment himself as a long term no.1.

Screenshot_20240112_142455_Chrome.jpg

Unless they have an automatic extension that hasn't been announced, by all accounts every source available says his deal ends this summer.
Appreciate what's out there publicly, but just going on what I've been informed from a reputable source. Sure it'll all come out in the wash eventually.

Thought he had a great game. No fault with the goal, we should have cleared his initial save at the near post. Kicking was a bit erratic towards the end, but played for time well with his ‘ injury’. Looks very solid and perfect addition to the squad.

GDvaBwlWoAAygBe

Almost the best thing was how pissed off he was at conceding the goal.

And there was zero blame attached to him for it, nothing he could do......he's clearly just a passionate guy and hates seeing the ball in his net. That's a good trait for a keeper!

Props to the club for not missing a beat in goal.

It took him a while to get used to the guys in front of him, only natural of course. As the game went on he showed more for the ball and he had an eye for the whole pitch instead of what's in front of him. Comfortable kicking and with the ball at his feet, with the proviso that there may very well be some hairy moments to come (as seen at the Dons during his spell there).

A great save too of course, very important given the state of the game at that moment.

An impressive start.

Thought he had a great game. No fault with the goal, we should have cleared his initial save at the near post. Kicking was a bit erratic towards the end, but played for time well with his ‘ injury’. Looks very solid and perfect addition to the squad.
Going to caveat what I’m about to say by saying I thought he was very good and assured on debut yesterday, however if I’m being hypercritical I think the initial shot he saved for their goal was going wide. Smyth then was also poor and showed why he’s not a defender.

Back
Top Bottom