Away Match Day Thread 10/02/2024 L1: Blackpool FC v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAYED FOR BOTH

Includes Jordan Thorniley, Owen Dale, Jordan Rhodes, Kyle Joseph, Curtis Nelson, Daniel Agyei, John Lundstram, John Durnin,
Paul Simpson, David Bardsley, Colin Greenall, Alex Dyer, Gary Briggs, Billy Jeffrey, Martin Aldridge and many others.

FgAIMQgXgAAEAs-
Don't forget John Evanson.

RIGHT! Players back from injury, new recruits available(?!), time for Des to show us the plan. I'm optimistic of a good performance today but we're still up against the best home record in the division.

Blackpool 1 - Oxford United 2.

Interesting fact no.83 - Blackpool has the lowest life expectancy rates in the UK.

Come on you Yellows!

RIGHT! Players back from injury, new recruits available(?!), time for Des to show us the plan. I'm optimistic of a good performance today but we're still up against the best home record in the division.

Blackpool 1 - Oxford United 2.

Interesting fact no.83 - Blackpool has the lowest life expectancy rates in the UK.

Come on you Yellows!
Right, anybody going needs to get out as quickly as possible after the game. Run! Run for your lives!! (stopping to buy a stick of rock is acceptable)

Based on how patchy our form has been since like November (and their strong home record) my head says Iโ€™d be happy with a point today.

But given our league situation that potentially means the playoff pack pulling away from us, my heart says โ€˜if we want promotion we REALLY need a win todayโ€™.

Head wins. A point wouldnโ€™t be a disaster and would prevent Blackpool from gaining points on us.

What I would dearly like to see today is an improved PERFORMANCE. Tightened up defensively, more competitive in midfield and more structured & dangerous in attack. Another plodding, aimless performance where it looks like weโ€™re just vapidly hanging in there and any result we get will be down to a moment of genius or a moment of fortune at this stage, with so many more players theoretically available would really frustrate.

For me, for this game I think the way we play is more important than the result. We are (hopefully) at a pivotal point in the season.
With all the players available now, it's like the season really starts here

Seeing Reading last week was such a disappointing game for me. It should be the season starts, but I canโ€™t help feeling it will be pre season sentiment.
If we take three or four matches of those like last week I think the supporters will have a siesta from 300-430. It was like a library last week, just as Reading fans kept reminding us.
On the other hand if Goodwin is as good as he was at Cheltenham and Harris links up well we could get a 2-0 win.
If we see Eastwood coming in it will be 2-2 with fans feeling distinctly let down

Ref Watch - todays ref is Paul Howard

In 19 games in L1 and L2 this season he's issued 70 yellow cards and 2 reds

With lots more players back today, Kem Des needs to really start getting more out of this squad.

Blackpool have lots of decent players and, for me, the best forward in the division, so it will be a real test.

I would take a draw, but as people have said, realistically we need a win.

If Cumming and Goodwin both start, I will feel much more confident we can get something out of the game. Seems Blackpool have a few injury problems, which could also tip it our way.

Despite the repeated attempts of Kip and others to convince us weโ€™re doomed we remain 1 point out of the playoffs with 15 games to play.

A point away at Blackpool would be a good result. A win would be fantastic. A defeat wouldnโ€™t be the end of the world.

COYY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom