Away Match Day Thread 10/02/2024 L1: Blackpool FC v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My head is thinking 3 or 4 nil to Blackpool............. So we have a realistic chance of sneaking a 2-1 win with this one!

For morale and to keep in the pack. 2 points in 4 games. We have to convince ourselves we can still win games of football.
Iโ€™d be more sympathetic to your take if we werenโ€™t away to the side with the best home record in the division. A win would be sensational, a draw (and a good performance) would be encouraging and anything else very disappointing.

1-1, score first and concede in the 60th minute.

Praying we can make it 3 points today, though!

Just checking in from sunny Mexico ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ. Just want us to turn up and put on a performance, Will be following the game from my sunbed by the pool. COYY

Despite the repeated attempts of Kip and others to convince us weโ€™re doomed we remain 1 point out of the playoffs with 15 games to play.

A point away at Blackpool would be a good result. A win would be fantastic. A defeat wouldnโ€™t be the end of the world.

COYY!
It's the form and performances that matter. And Blackpool would likely be a playoff rival should we get there. Today is time to show we are up to the task.

1-1, score first and concede in the 60th minute.

Praying we can make it 3 points today, though!
Their 60th minute goal will be their second, one of which will be an OG....

...the 4th and final goal of the game will be in the 85th minute....but I'm not saying which way ๐Ÿ˜

Wouldโ€™ve thought this was exactly the kind of game Matete was signed forโ€ฆ

All on the last 10 games it seems, when we actually have a full compliment of players who can manage a full half of football.

Hmm, so Cumming back in place of Eastwood and Long at RB. No difference in the attacking line up.

Can't say that's made me any more confident about today!

Two Jan signings start, two more on the bench as upgrades to what was there before, plus two more attacking options on there back from injury...
....now is the time to see how well des uses these options

No cover for either full backs is a little worrying. Thorniley the only defender on the bench.

Itโ€™s a bit surprising that weโ€™re lining up just as we would for Fleetwood at home. Rodrigues and two wingers looks like a luxury. But what do I know

No surprises in the team - exactly what I predicted in the Build-Up thread (other than I wanted Negru on the bench instead of Thorniley).

The good news is that we have an infinitely stronger bench, so may actually be able to change things up if we need to - unlike any time over the past month.

No Rhodes for Blackpool, which is a huge boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom