Current Player #10 Sam Baldock

Disappointing. Hope they’re both back - but sounds pretty up in the air as to whether either will have any more meaningful contributions to the season. Baldock has been superb since coming in

Rolling the dice on Browne & Baldock in the window was a success in the sense that they’ve contributed what…5/6 goals between them in the last month? That could prove to be vital.

Hard to not also look at the window with frustration that getting them in was prioritised over bring in another decent CB (rather than just swapping Brown in for Thorniley) in hindsight now though. With Moore out for a while and Seddon out of form we look threadbare at the back (and were hardly watertight to begin with!) - and now the options we boosted our attack with in January are gone too. 😢

Hindsight? About the defence? You must have more than a dozen posters on ignore if you think hindsight has anything to do with it.

I suppose the next one is 'with hindsight I'm pleased we didn't sign Defoe'.

Minor injury? I assume this as he played for Dungannon (if I have the right club) just before signing for us. And played in a behind closed doors friendly for us not long after iirc.
Got a knock in his last game in Ireland. Hasn’t been able to play 90 minutes in the friendlies since he arrived, despite playing twice a week in Ireland pretty relentlessly right up until the day before he signed. The most he’s managed is 75 minutes the other night in the OSC. They’re being particularly careful with it.

As an aside, I think he’s going to surprise people next season. He’s really good. Big and strong as well as technically decent, and has a fantastic attitude. He’s the extra bit of steel the centre of midfield needs. Keep the injury in check and with a full pre-season this summer I think he could be a really important addition.

Hopefully Baldock will make a full recovery and would be one of the first players we should contract past the summer (with Skyes!) can play lge 1 or hopefully Championship next year🤞🏻

he owes us..... from that last playoff final he appeared in !
I also correctly predicted our goalscorer that day too way in advance, back when he was a very rare scorer indeed.
Sykes is going to score the winner in the playoff final. You heard it here first.

So based on this lump on Browne to score, but not the outcome we all want 😅

He's more of a left back I feel. But yes I'd trust him anywhere but goal and centre back.
Williams has played virtually all his football as a right winger and on occasions up front in a two or very occasionally as a left winger.
I definitely wouldn’t describe him as a left back. We are just very lucky he is versatile can use both feet and do an admirable job wherever he's asked to play

Williams has played virtually all his football as a right winger and on occasions up front in a two or very occasionally as a left winger.
I definitely wouldn’t describe him as a left back. We are just very lucky he is versatile can use both feet and do an admirable job wherever he's asked to play
Just a bit of humour! But as @chuckbert says, you’d trust him to do a good job in many positions

Any news on Brown and Moore? Desperate situation, so close to the end of the season. Baldock and Browne likely to miss all bar a cameo appearance. Great to have Bodin and Henry back. It's the back, with such few options, that could be our achilleas heal, regarding staying in the play offs.
It'll be a messy summer if don't make it.

Any news on Brown and Moore? Desperate situation, so close to the end of the season. Baldock and Browne likely to miss all bar a cameo appearance. Great to have Bodin and Henry back. It's the back, with such few options, that could be our achilleas heal, regarding staying in the play offs.
It'll be a messy summer if don't make it.
Is Brown injured? I heard nothing about that?

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom