Current Player #10 Sam Baldock

KR hopes it's not the end of the season for either Browne or Baldock.

Disappointing. Hope they’re both back - but sounds pretty up in the air as to whether either will have any more meaningful contributions to the season. Baldock has been superb since coming in

Rolling the dice on Browne & Baldock in the window was a success in the sense that they’ve contributed what…5/6 goals between them in the last month? That could prove to be vital.

Hard to not also look at the window with frustration that getting them in was prioritised over bring in another decent CB (rather than just swapping Brown in for Thorniley) in hindsight now though. With Moore out for a while and Seddon out of form we look threadbare at the back (and were hardly watertight to begin with!) - and now the options we boosted our attack with in January are gone too. 😢

Disappointing. Hope they’re both back - but sounds pretty up in the air as to whether either will have any more meaningful contributions to the season. Baldock has been superb since coming in

Rolling the dice on Browne & Baldock in the window was a success in the sense that they’ve contributed what…5/6 goals between them in the last month? That could prove to be vital.

Hard to not also look at the window with frustration that getting them in was prioritised over bring in another decent CB (rather than just swapping Brown in for Thorniley) in hindsight now though. With Moore out for a while and Seddon out of form we look threadbare at the back (and were hardly watertight to begin with!) - and now the options we boosted our attack with in January are gone too. 😢
Agree.
Easy to be wise in hindsight but we really should have strengthened the defence rather than gambling on two more forwards with recent poor injury records.
KR’s transfer policy (we can all joke about more wingers) is going to cost us. As McXal says, we are looking threadbare at the back and we will suffer against those approaching games against the better clubs. We can’t now rely on outscoring them all.

Agree.
Easy to be wise in hindsight but we really should have strengthened the defence rather than gambling on two more forwards with recent poor injury records.
KR’s transfer policy (we can all joke about more wingers) is going to cost us. As McXal says, we are looking threadbare at the back and we will suffer against those approaching games against the better clubs. We can’t now rely on outscoring them all.
Captain Hindsight! We could have signed two more defenders who then got injured. This season squad players have repeatedly stepped in and performed well when we've had injuries, hopefully that can continue. There are still loads of goals in the team.

There was a clamour to sign Defoe, who as yet, has not contributed much to Sunderlands cause. Really unlucky for Baldock , looks a class act and Browne was really all about long term so I guess we have gained goals from the pair of them, and hopefully a contribution sooner rather than late , in the run in.

I’d keep Marcus Browne away from the action this season. Get him recovered properly, and have all summer to get fit, and go from the off next season. We’ve paid a hefty fee for him, and I’d wrap him in cotton wool.

Baldock is a blow, and let’s wait for the second scan, that will clarify exactly how long he’s out for. 4 goals in 7 apps has been a good contribution. If by some luck he’s able to play again this season it could be in the playoffs, and that could be invaluable to our chances of promotion. Should we make the playoffs of course.

I didn’t hear anything on Elliot Moore, so if anyone else knows of his injury lay off it would be appreciated. He’s vital for us at the back.

Captain Hindsight! We could have signed two more defenders who then got injured. This season squad players have repeatedly stepped in and performed well when we've had injuries, hopefully that can continue. There are still loads of goals in the team.
To be fair, there were many of us who felt we needed more defensive cover than we got. I agree we still have plenty of goals in us but I'm still a little perplexed why he risked Browne in two games in four days, after being out for a year and knowing full well he had a hamstring issue. Seems bizarre to me. On another note with our lack of defensive cover, with McNally playing the way he is, is there a danger he will be called up to the NI squad?

To be fair, there were many of us who felt we needed more defensive cover than we got. I agree we still have plenty of goals in us but I'm still a little perplexed why he risked Browne in two games in four days, after being out for a year and knowing full well he had a hamstring issue. Seems bizarre to me. On another note with our lack of defensive cover, with McNally playing the way he is, is there a danger he will be called up to the NI squad?
ROI squad

Our season hinges on the fitness of Taylor and McNally, going to need loads of cotton wool to wrap McNally in, then used what’s left over for Taylor.

Yes of course we'd all be a lot more comfortable if we'd signed more defenders, that's a given. But Brown is looking pretty good, thankfully. As long as Taylor and our remaining defenders stay fit we have a good chance.

Presumably the other teams have injuries too, we just don't know so much about them.

With the likelihood that we could have 3 call ups then we would be able to postpone.

Back
Top Bottom