Home Match Day Thread +++ 11/8/18 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Official Match Thread ***

The over reaction on here is staggering. Yes it’s clear there are plenty of problems with the team, but we are only a couple of games in to the season.

12 months ago I was amongst the most vocal about how dire the team and manager were even before the season kicked off. We had an owner who was only interested in getting out, a manager who clearly didn’t have a clue and a squad consisting of mediocre to totally aged shite. We now have an owner who clearly wants in, a Manager who frankly saved us from relegation last season and a squad which is mainly full of potential.

Being realistic not every new player will turn out to be what we expected. Garbutt & Mackie are clearly off the pace. Very few, if any, teams will hit the ground running when they’ve been forced to change the majority of their squad. Almost everything about our club has changed in the last 12 months, I can’t think of too many other clubs where that applies.

Fleetwood were no better than us yesterday. It was a clear foul by Evans for their first goal and we were unlucky to be forced in to a keeper change which led to the second goal.

The biggest frustration at the moment is the lack of effort on the pitch by everyone except Holmes. That is much harder to explain.

Come on people though, be realistic. We were unlikely to be much further ahead when everything’s taken into consideration. There is plenty of work to do and probably more painful performances ahead before things get better, but it will get better.

Fully agree about not panicking, but Fleetwood won the game at a canter, and had more in the tank if needed.

Few of the Ultras arrived at 12 for a chat with Michael Doyle (StadCo Stadium Manager) this morning, they have banned flags being put on the back wall. Will not allow anything to be put up after risk assessments are completed for the first time since we moved into the Kastad from the Manor.

They have also stopped all club staff arriving before 12 on a match day.

Just so "Flag Fiasco" doesn't get overlooked after Saturday's on-pitch disaster. Does this mean no flags all season? Can the club and/or Oxvox take this up with Stadco?

The over reaction on here is staggering.

I am struggling to see that much over reaction TBH. I can't remember there being loads of posts saying we are certain to be relegated, or more than a couple of (jokey) posts suggesting that Robinson's days are numbered. Indeed, most of the posts after Saturday were just reactions to what people saw - which I think we can all agree was not good at all - and there seems to be general consensus about what the problems were. In fact, you yourself identify a lack of effort - I'm not sure I agree with that personally - and two players who are currently a long way short of where they should be (I think you can add at least Hall to that without a stretch at all).

What I do find a bit worrying is the seeming acceptance that Barnsley would be too good for us, Fleetwood would be very difficult, we are unlikely to get much against Portsmouth, Burton have just come down so that will be difficult, oh and Accrington have just come up so they'll be difficult too! We ARE in the same division as all of those - I expect at the very least that an Oxford team will be able to compete with such teams (who are all starting their seasons as well! It isn't just us!) and display equal amounts of effort and commitment (again at the very least). There are no Manchester Citys or Barcelonas there - we can't find reasons why every team we play are better off than us in one way or another and then use that as some sort of pre-made excuse.

Hanson hopefully will be the piece of the jigsaw when put in, will make the team become one........................... looks like he's gonna have to be captain if all ive heard is true.

Do tell

Because the Ref was a useless prat as was the lino on the south stand side, the offside that he gave against Smith in the first half was unbelievable and it happened a few feet in front of him.

I disagree, he's looking for a foul & goes down far too easily for a covering defender.

Just so "Flag Fiasco" doesn't get overlooked after Saturday's on-pitch disaster. Does this mean no flags all season? Can the club and/or Oxvox take this up with Stadco?
Hopefully not, Ultras, Mixter and OxVox all working hard to resolve this. StadCo are horrid to deal with though and seem to have a chip on their shoulder this season (because of Eales and Kassam in court most likely).

The over reaction on here is staggering. Yes it’s clear there are plenty of problems with the team, but we are only a couple of games in to the season.

12 months ago I was amongst the most vocal about how dire the team and manager were even before the season kicked off. We had an owner who was only interested in getting out, a manager who clearly didn’t have a clue and a squad consisting of mediocre to totally aged shite. We now have an owner who clearly wants in, a Manager who frankly saved us from relegation last season and a squad which is mainly full of potential.

Being realistic not every new player will turn out to be what we expected. Garbutt & Mackie are clearly off the pace. Very few, if any, teams will hit the ground running when they’ve been forced to change the majority of their squad. Almost everything about our club has changed in the last 12 months, I can’t think of too many other clubs where that applies.

Fleetwood were no better than us yesterday. It was a clear foul by Evans for their first goal and we were unlucky to be forced in to a keeper change which led to the second goal.

The biggest frustration at the moment is the lack of effort on the pitch by everyone except Holmes. That is much harder to explain.

Come on people though, be realistic. We were unlikely to be much further ahead when everything’s taken into consideration. There is plenty of work to do and probably more painful performances ahead before things get better, but it will get better.
12 months ago we were top of the league and playing well.
Just saying!!:eek:

I have looked at the first goal incident over and over again
Where was McMahon going ? It appears he’s running off to the left - Evans mugged him and he wasn’t strong enough to stop him

I have looked at the first goal incident over and over again
Where was McMahon going ? It appears he’s running off to the left - Evans mugged him and he wasn’t strong enough to stop him
Mugged,are you sure? Evans grabbed Mcmahons arm and pulled him to the ground.

Mugged,are you sure? Evans grabbed Mcmahons arm and pulled him to the ground.
Yes watched it plenty of times he was running to left, Evans cut to the right, he was slightly off balance due to going wrong way and he was a bit lightweight to allow this to happen

By 'mugged' I think you mean 'fouled'
Yes fouled no doubt about it but if you watch it you’ll see Mcmahon loses Evans briefly, is slightly off balance and due to this is too easily pulled over but oh yes totally a foul

12 months ago we were top of the league and playing well.
Just saying!!:eek:

You must have been watching a different team to me then as we were very fortunate to get the points we had.

Your comment reminds me of the person who referred to me as a ‘muppet’ on a BBC Oxford tweet before the Wigan home game, after I had said our team then didn’t even compare to the previous seasons squad...needless to say we then got stuffed 7-0. Just saying ?

Yes watched it plenty of times he was running to left, Evans cut to the right, he was slightly off balance due to going wrong way and he was a bit lightweight to allow this to happen
Don't know what footage your watching, the reason it looks like he is running off towards the left is simply because he has got in front of his man and he that cross wouldn't have made it to Evans if Mcmahon hadn't been pulled down. He is off balance because his arm has been grabbed and he's been pulled back.

You must have been watching a different team to me then as we were very fortunate to get the points we had.

Your comment reminds me of the person who referred to me as a ‘muppet’ on a BBC Oxford tweet before the Wigan home game, after I had said our team then didn’t even compare to the previous seasons squad...needless to say we then got stuffed 7-0. Just saying ?
I think we were doing ok until Blackpool away where the cracks started to get bigger!
That was 7 games in we had won 3 drawn 3 lost 1, Scunthorpe away 0-1. I didn't want or have faith in Clotet but those figures are facts, we would all take them now.
I wouldn't have called you a muppet for that. I actually predicted a 4-0 loss to Wigan, 29 games in. Clotet had completely lost it before then and should have been sacked on the night, no question.

Don't know what footage your watching, the reason it looks like he is running off towards the left is simply because he has got in front of his man and he that cross wouldn't have made it to Evans if Mcmahon hadn't been pulled down. He is off balance because his arm has been grabbed and he's been pulled back.

I think it's you who needs to watch again, McMahon is done very easily. Evans is clearly watcing the ball and knows where it's going, he got lucky with a tiny tug,

I think it's you who needs to watch again, McMahon is done very easily. Evans is clearly watcing the ball and knows where it's going, he got lucky with a tiny tug,

you need f*****g glasses.

Back
Top Bottom