Home Match Build Up 13/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Wigan Athletic

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Agreed- like that chap who thought it was amusing that fans in the 70's serenaded a female police officer with β€œDoes she take it in the mouth?”

Some views whether about acceptable behaviour or football coaching are at least fifty years out of date

Defending also involves keeping the ball and not hoofing it all the time. I dont know what the stats are for or long passes, but it seems that we're often losing the ball, especially after long goal kicks.
I'm almost starting to miss the passing round the back!
Did you go to Blackpool.
Thats mostly all they did, although their No11 was giving us a few problems at times

Cumming

Long - Moore - Brown - Leigh

McGuane
Matete - Brannagan

Burey - Harris - Murphy

AH/YellowSubmarine/MustardYellow: Constantly moans about tactics from Des and how he's not the right man. We need a DM etc.

Also AH/YellowSubmarine/MustardYellow: Wants to play our new DM at CM and our CM at DM.

You couldn't make it up!
McGuane has zero attacking instinct. We saw that on full show at the weekend.

Matete has (according to transfermarkt) played more than double the amount of games at CM than he has at DM. We also saw on Saturday he has the ability to beat a man and drive the ball forward.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here when the signing of a midfielder has allowed us to rotate our midfield and play with a DM (one better than McEacrhan), which is exactly what we were asking for...?

Matete has (according to transfermarkt) played more than double the amount of games at CM than he has at DM. We also saw on Saturday he has the ability to beat a man and drive the ball forward.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here when the signing of a midfielder has allowed us to rotate our midfield and play with a DM (one better than McEacrhan), which is exactly what we were asking for...?
I think it's obvious what my point is.
We've needed a DM for a while. We now have a DM. McGuane is not a DM and is playing out of position.
So why continue playing McGuane out of position, and play Matete out of position, when swapping them puts them both in the right position?

I think it's obvious what my point is.
We've needed a DM for a while. We now have a DM. McGuane is not a DM and is playing out of position.
So why continue playing McGuane out of position, and play Matete out of position, when swapping them puts them both in the right position?
We normally play McGuane alongside Brannagan. We've not really tried him as a 'proper' holding DM with 2 CM's infront of him. With his obvious lack of attacking ability I think he'd do well there.

AH/YellowSubmarine/MustardYellow: Constantly moans about tactics from Des and how he's not the right man. We need a DM etc.

Also AH/YellowSubmarine/MustardYellow: Wants to play our new DM at CM and our CM at DM.

You couldn't make it up!
Those are the same person?

Those are the same person?
Purely a guess, based on the tone of posting and frequency of posting (radio silence if we win/get a good draw, loads of posts after we lose).
Considering they haven't denied it (yet responded to points I didnt make), I'd assume my guess is correct.

Purely a guess, based on the tone of posting and frequency of posting (radio silence if we win/get a good draw, loads of posts after we lose).
Considering they haven't denied it (yet responded to points I didnt make), I'd assume my guess is correct.
I normally only post when I've not got much to do at work. Nothing to do with anything else.

Nice to know you're checking up on me and other posters so regularly, though. Flattered.

You mean apart from when he burst unmarked into the box, picking up a pass from Harris (where were Brannagan and Rodrigues?) and yes, while messing up the finish then played a really good pass back to Harris who very nearly scored?

You mean apart from when he burst unmarked into the box, picking up a pass from Harris (where were Brannagan and Rodrigues?) and yes, while messing up the finish then played a really good pass back to Harris who very nearly scored?
He probably had about 3/4 opportunities to shoot and definitely should've scored.

For me, McGuane needs a couple of games off to recharge. He's not been at his best for a good while now - the drives through the midfield are rare at the moment, and he's playing too many poor passes and surrendering too much cheap possession. Thankfully looks like Matete is ready to come in and start.

I'd be inclined to rest Goodrham as well. Tyler's been fine but he's played a lot lately and tends to drift in and out. Maybe get him a breather.
Don't want to start Murphy, though, because he'll only hurt himself again......30-45 minutes as an impact sub seems to be his thing; and I don't want to see Bodin out wide because he doesn't have the legs for it. So it's either Dale to start, or Goodwin to start and have Harris coming in from wide.

Rest as you were.

We are charging Wigan Β£29 on the day for tickets!? Did they charge us that? Seems steep!

Back
Top Bottom