Home Match Day Thread 13/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Wigan Athletic

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see that the anti Buckingham Posters like @MustardYellow And @SirAndyOfCrosby are at least retrospectively agreeing that we faced an injury crisis, even if they didn't have the grace to acknowledge it at the time .

Sensible to integrate players returning to fitness gradually- but we now have some spectacular possibilities> When Matete, Goodwin and Dale begin to gel and we have the pace of Murphy and Burey then it's going to be a really exciting team to watch I think

I'm also going for 3-1. Goals from Harris Brannagan (pen) and Goodwin.
So now we’ll go back to a similar PPG as we had earlier in the season under Manning?

I hope so!

Ref watch - tonights Referee is Jeremy Simpson

in 13 Games this season so far ( L1, Championship and EFL Cup) he has issued 58 yellow cards and 3 red cards

Need a win and a few other results to go our way just to rekindle some optimism. If we find ourselves any further off the pace after tonight then that hill starts to take on the look of a mountain.

Need a win and a few other results to go our way just to rekindle some optimism. If we find ourselves any further off the pace after tonight then that hill starts to take on the look of a mountain.
If we win tonight we are likely to be closer.
The key thing is to win.

At home, we have the best first half record in the division.
Unfortunately our second half record is 19th.

You only need to look at 3 of our last 4 home games to see how we've ended up there (Derby, Reading & Pompey). On course for 9 points at half time. 2 points taken. Add in the Barnsley game and it's one second half goal in the last 4 home games.

Lack of effective options off the bench will be cited. No such excuse now.
That’s a brilliant comparison that, we all knew our subs were making us weaker while others strengthened. Can fully expect that second element to improve now.

Barnsley (13), Pompey (13), Derby (11) and Reading (11) all high in the form table (6 games) too.

Big game tonight. Stevenage likely to win against Rovers, but got Derby away Saturday and no midweek game after that. By Northampton (H) we should be aiming to be at least 3 clear in 6th having played a couple of extra games.

Spot on.

All the reasons for not doing great can't be used anymore. He's had more than enough time to settle, he's had a transfer window, and injured players have returned.

Need to start winning!
I would say we are still a game or two away from being fully able to scrub out the injury card from holding us back,.. people are coming back/have arrived but a number aren't 90minute ready yet

Hopefully enough to get us over the line in these next couple of games, but won't be firing on all cylinders quite yet I suspect

I would say we are still a game or two away from being fully able to scrub out the injury card from holding us back,.. people are coming back/have arrived but a number aren't 90minute ready yet

Hopefully enough to get us over the line in these next couple of games, but won't be firing on all cylinders quite yet I suspect
We have the players available from the start to put out a more than good enough starting 11. The bench should be pretty strong too.

The squad available tonight should definitely be enough to win. I think the injury card is void now.

That's encouraging.

Now that we have options off the bench, we can do what we have been doing in the first half, and let rip with the pace-merchants in the second.

Great to see that the anti Buckingham Posters like @MustardYellow And @SirAndyOfCrosby are at least retrospectively agreeing that we faced an injury crisis, even if they didn't have the grace to acknowledge it at the time .

Sensible to integrate players returning to fitness gradually- but we now have some spectacular possibilities> When Matete, Goodwin and Dale begin to gel and we have the pace of Murphy and Burey then it's going to be a really exciting team to watch I think

I'm also going for 3-1. Goals from Harris Brannagan (pen) and Goodwin.

I wonder if Brown and Edwards were brought back too early, or would they have broken down regardless of an extra week or two getting fitter and stronger?

You only need to look at 3 of our last 4 home games to see how we've ended up there (Derby, Reading & Pompey). On course for 9 points at half time. 2 points taken. Add in the Barnsley game and it's one second half goal in the last 4 home games.

Lack of effective options off the bench will be cited. No such excuse now.

That’s an interesting stat.

In a high percentage of those matches we were kicking towards the East Stand in the second half, which should really be using to our advantage, or at least we should make better use of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom