Current Player #17 James Henry

Henry represented Scotland didn’t he?
Henry played for both England and Scotland at youth levels but hasn't had a senior cap from either.

Mackie played full international for Scotland, you might have been thinking of him.

Don’t see peoples issue with Henry signing a new contract. Every season here he’s had atleast 10 goal contributions and last season that was only from playing just over half the games. It’s the sort of quality we need to be having on the bench if we’re going to succeed.

The James Henry disrespect here and on social media is baffling. 10 goal contributions (7 goals) in 20 appearances before his injury last season. He's still got a lot to give and I'm very glad he's continuing to give it here and not elsewhere.

The James Henry disrespect here and on social media is baffling. 10 goal contributions (7 goals) in 20 appearances before his injury last season. He's still got a lot to give and I'm very glad he's continuing to give it here and not elsewhere.
He does get odd disrespect. Is it because he's not a 'geezer' who 'gives 100 per cent' and 'gets stuck in'?

The timing of it is odd. Why now? After a season where his standards dropped (just my opinion), I’m not sure why we’ve done it now. Why not see how JH performs this season?

Aren’t we supposed to be planning to be a Championship team this time next year? Even his most passionate fan would struggle to justify JH’s inclusion in a squad at that standard.

The timing is just plain odd.

Well done James Henry’s agent! Getting a two year deal for a 33 year old winger/forward deserves some praise. It’ll be his last contract of two years he’ll ever sign.

Henry is a really decent pro. At times, when we’ve been at our best it’s been because of him. I don’t think he’s the force of old anymore though - still valuable as his game has never been reliant on pace but a few injuries in recent years has seen him because less of a focal point for us.

I can only presume that job security is the reason for this.

Last edited:
Club offers good player and top pro new contract

Stranger things have happened
One that I think his legs have virtually gone.

Great servant and all that, but I personally didn’t think he’d even make the starting 11 and believe he wouldn’t have if the recruitment had been better.

I also thought the Forde one was odd at the time, but I guess desperate times lead to desperate measures.

Henry's game has never been about pace. It's about making the right decisions, measuring the right pass and just constantly being in the right place at the right time. If football intelligence was as easy to see as explosive pace then I think he'd get the respect he deserves. By all accounts he's a great pro as well. I'm very happy with this, just gotta hope he stays injury free this year as we missed his calm head during last season.

A couple of seasons ago I said if he and Cam were on their best form we won the game. Henry has never had much pace , he's even slower now. But he has a very good football brain and a decent shot on him from 18-25 yards.
I think his best position now is as a number 10, he also has a good understanding with Taylor.
A bit surprised with a two year tbh.

Back
Top Bottom