Current Player #17 James Henry

We are going for the oldest front line in the country . Great player yes unless he's about to become a coach . May e understand. We need them in the mid 20s

Clever player, I've always enjoyed watching him. I don't think his game had ever been about pace but I reckon he adds value to the team. But then, it's a game of opinions, isn't it?
Who said anything about pace!

Did anyone see the wayward passes on Saturday or kicking the ball straight out of touch!

Don’t get me wrong, Henry’s been a great servant, but a 2 year contract. Would have seen how he goes this season and assess the situation then. I would also consider him being a coach (a bit like Mous).

Anyway, not saying anymore as I don’t really like disrespecting players who have been great servants to the club.

Who said anything about pace!

Did anyone see the wayward passes on Saturday or kicking the ball straight out of touch!

Don’t get me wrong, Henry’s been a great servant, but a 2 year contract. Would have seen how he goes this season and assess the situation then. I would also consider him being a coach (a bit like Mous).

Anyway, not saying anymore as I don’t really like disrespecting players who have been great servants to the club.

Tbf, it is really only a 1 year extension as he already had a contract for this season.

Tbf, it is really only a 1 year extension as he already had a contract for this season.
But why give someone who will be 34 at the end of the season an extra year when he’s coming off an injury without waiting to see how he plays this season? At that age and the fact he’s living pretty close to home I cannot see that he’s going to relocate anywhere unless it’s crazy money, so there’s probably only a handful of teams that would realistically appeal to him at the end of the season if he has a good season for us, I just can’t see him being anywhere else next season if we still want him so why we have rushed into this makes no sense to me

But why give someone who will be 34 at the end of the season an extra year when he’s coming off an injury without waiting to see how he plays this season? At that age and the fact he’s living pretty close to home I cannot see that he’s going to relocate anywhere unless it’s crazy money, so there’s probably only a handful of teams that would realistically appeal to him at the end of the season if he has a good season for us, I just can’t see him being anywhere else next season if we still want him so why we have rushed into this makes no sense to me

Because the club, who will have the medical data, think he adds to our squad would be my suggestion.

I do wonder whether he had an option of another club that offered longer term security and given our current squad we had no choice but to react and counter offer.

Henry's game has never been about pace. It's about making the right decisions, measuring the right pass and just constantly being in the right place at the right time. If football intelligence was as easy to see as explosive pace then I think he'd get the respect he deserves. By all accounts he's a great pro as well. I'm very happy with this, just gotta hope he stays injury free this year as we missed his calm head during last season.

Let’s hope he makes the right decision from 5 yards out, in the next play off final! 😉

For the record, I’m okay with this signing.

Because the club, who will have the medical data, think he adds to our squad would be my suggestion.
But he was here for another year anyway, so all the club have done is take away the opportunity to evaluate how he plays this season and make an offer based on that

I think the club have done really well tying down essentially the whole squad and keeping a bit of continuity for pretty much the first time since Robinson has been here, but of all the players who needed extending Henry should have been right at the bottom of the list

I dunno mate. Given the apparent planlessness and disorganisation of our 'recruitment team' I wouldn't be surprised if he was given an extension because somebody considers him critical to getting promoted. And he's a 'model professional' to boot.

I’d have thought it was more than a coincidence that this new contract has come a few days after CB’s new deal. Many players have contracts that are linked to a clubs top earner, so i‘d assume this new deal may be as a knock on effect and result of what happened last week.

I may be completely wrong but I‘m guessing there‘s a possible link?

I’d have thought it was more than a coincidence that this new contract has come a few days after CB’s new deal. Many players have contracts that are linked to a clubs top earner, so i‘d assume this new deal may be as a knock on effect and result of what happened last week.

I may be completely wrong but I‘m guessing there‘s a possible link?
Far more likely that he has a deal that matches the top earners but we may have reduced the basic pay by offering an extention instead.

One that I think his legs have virtually gone.

Great servant and all that, but I personally didn’t think he’d even make the starting 11 and believe he wouldn’t have if the recruitment had been better.

I also thought the Forde one was odd at the time, but I guess desperate times lead to desperate measures.
And to think I got slated for this at the time!

And to think I got slated for this at the time!
I think Henry is still a hugely talented player, who can still offer a lot, but he’s probably more suited to the role of impact sub these days, where he can come on in games, against tiring legs.

In the right system, under a manager who actually knows what he’s doing, Henry could still make some pretty important contributions in games, with assists and goals.

Still a very important squad player for me.

I think Henry is still a hugely talented player, who can still offer a lot, but he’s probably more suited to the role of impact sub these days, where he can come on in games, against tiring legs.

In the right system, under a manager who actually knows what he’s doing, Henry could still make some pretty important contributions in games, with assists and goals.

Still a very important squad player for me.
He couldn’t get the ball in the first half but was pretty good in the second - I’d have left him on for longer.

Back
Top Bottom