Status
Not open for further replies.
From Chris Williams’ tour diary:

“Back at the hotel there is a light lunch, then gym
sessions and more training. A team meeting
takes up the evening, with a new face or two on
the cards over the weekend. Indeed, two turn up
by tea time.”

Could this mean some have to regurgitate that humble pie?
This is what KR suggested could happen ( we hope 1 maybe 2 will join us in the trip)
I think that KR is giving less away this window until things have been signed.
Maybe panic will be over for a few days at least?

Genuinely disappointed that someone at the club (Chris W) seems to know about the signing before it's been cleared by UTO 🤣
I think that KR is giving less away this window until things have been signed.
If he is, then it's a good thing. Although as you said - he did say this would happen!

Also it's not panic, at least not on my part. More, boredom.

I dont want to temper anyone’s optimism but CW could be referring to the triallists..?

• React
Reactions: MJB

by tea time.”

Chris Williams does these so well, witty and interesting

Complete false economies including 3 youth as subs. They are simply not good enough, at the moment to play in a team that is pushing for the championship. It only gives weight to the argument that even though 9 players have left the first team squad, we only need to bring in 5 or 6. These youth players were playing conference south if that high last season, as they couldn't get National league loan places.
I was answering the question where someone suggested we might not have a team to put out against Derby on the first day. I was merely pointing out that we have enough players in the building to put a starting 11 and fill a bench.
No where did I say that it was a squad good enough to push for promotion (although it’s not a million miles away).

I will now let you go back to carrying on your negative outlook towards the club.

by tea time.”

We already know that one is Lee Ryan from the band Blue. The other likely Maud the tea lady armed with Twinings.

Excellent link between club and fans
Unfortunately he also says that will be the only installment of the tour diary online with the others installments being available to purchase in the upcoming edition of the Ox Magazine.

So, not that great really.

Screenshot_20220625-104022_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hopefully the players will be announced sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately he also says that will be the only installment of the tour diary online with the others installments being available to purchase in the upcoming edition of the Ox Magazine.

So, not that great really.

View attachment 9144

Hopefully the players will be announced sooner rather than later.
Read it again!
Chris Williams is the club’s Communications Manager but all views in this article are his own, not necessarily the club’s. You will be pleased to know that this will be the ONLY tour diary online this summer. The series will conclude in Issue 4 of THE OX, our official magazine, which will be available in the Club Shop at the start of the new season…

Read it again!
Chris Williams is the club’s Communications Manager but all views in this article are his own, not necessarily the club’s. You will be pleased to know that this will be the ONLY tour diary online this summer. The series will conclude in Issue 4 of THE OX, our official magazine, which will be available in the Club Shop at the start of the new season…

Have I misinterpreted?

So there is maybe new faces turning up at the training camp? How is that possible? Some on here have been convinced that we'd be unable to field a team against Derby!

And of those players already contracted, apparently none of them are good enough. Poor keepers, defensive liabilities, slow strikers etc. We must have relied an awful lot on the likes of Winnall and Hanson last season to get us in and around the playoffs if the others were so useless!

But of course, we've also got a manager who is involved in far too much and puts people off signing, and a recruitment team who don't know what they're doing. How the hell we've managed to get anyone in at all, let alone players who then attract £1m+ bids!

I know that I present a more positive outlook than some, but hopefully when all of this knee jerk negativity is put together some will see how mad some of this all is.

Every successful club in the league is made up of a handful of extremely good loanees. These deals allow better players who would either be unavailable or too expensive to play at a lower level. To get the best of these players, you have to look early.

Bringing in an exceptionally talented young striker on loan before a permanent left back doesn't mean that we're not taking the defence seriously or that we haven't the money available.

We have a very competitive budget this year and are targeting players that would have previously been out if our reach. That means that we're fishing in the same waters as clubs with even bigger budgets, and even Championship sides. This all takes a little time and a little delicacy to tie everything together. That is why very few names have been mentioned so far by those who know far more than I do.

We just have to trust the process and wait and see. I know that's frustrating, but it's also a long way from the doomsday scenario that some are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom