Transfer News January 2022/23 Transfer Window preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
One small point, Fowler was for the youth team, not even a fringe player for the 1st team unlike Grayson. Asonganyi and Allardyce were u21/23 players and at best very, very fringe players.

I was picking out development signings as most of Mark Thomas’s would come under that category as he’s never had the power to go above that.

I believe that’s why he was doing his director of football qualifications for the future.

Didn’t want to really start talking former experienced signings from your Thorne’s to your Winnall’s.

I was picking out development signings as most of Mark Thomas’s would come under that category as he’s never had the power to go above that.

I believe that’s why he was doing his director of football qualifications for the future.

Didn’t want to really start talking former experienced signings from your Thorne’s to your Winnall’s.

But Fowler wouldn't be in the same discussion as those development players so isn't comparable. Fowler was for the youth team so you'd have to include every Academy player signed at that age on that basis..

But Fowler wouldn't be in the same discussion as those development players so isn't comparable. Fowler was for the youth team so you'd have to include every Academy player signed at that age on that basis..

Normally yes.. but not when the manager has forced through the youth player signing over Dan Harris. So I think it’s an acceptable inclusion. Don’t you think?

Mark Thomas joined in 2014, right?

So over the course of his tenure, we uncovered and signed (amongst others) Roofe, Lundstram, Rothwell, Ledson, Whyte, Brannagan, Dickie, Atkinson, Moore, Sykes & McNally.

Genuinely have no idea how much of a hand he and his team had in any or all of those, but for a club of our size and stature, that's been a hell of a purple patch of finding, signing and developing young British and Irish players.

Mark Thomas joined in 2014, right?

So over the course of his tenure, we uncovered and signed (amongst others) Roofe, Lundstram, Rothwell, Ledson, Whyte, Brannagan, Dickie, Atkinson, Moore, Sykes & McNally.

Genuinely have no idea how much of a hand he and his team had in any or all of those, but for a club of our size and stature, that's been a hell of a purple patch of finding, signing and developing young British and Irish players.

Correct.

Let’s hope it’s not true but there’s no smoke without fire with a lot of the rumours on here in recent months. 8 years of outstanding service to our club & without him we could’ve fount ourselves in an awful spot financially. He & his always changing freelance scouts have provided some gems for Appleton, Clotet & Robinson to coach & manage.

January window 2022.

Browne - KR signing.

Baldock - KR signing.

Smyth - MT & scouting signing. KR approved after watching.

C’Brown - KR signing. Made easier by
Brown’s friendship with Gavin Whyte. Was plan B. Club wanted Jordan Thorniley back.

Trueman (GK) - Emergency loan. KR signing via
The recruitment team were aware of Ciaron Brown for a good while before last January.
But Jordan Thorniley and Hayden Roberts were also being considered at the time.

Kr has made alot of good signings and iam sure there are more to come .Hopefully Sunday

Normally yes.. but not when the manager has forced through the youth player signing over Dan Harris. So I think it’s an acceptable inclusion. Don’t you think?

No clearly I don't as he is a youth player, so I assume you will include every youth team player from his time here in the list.

Anything to back up the "KR forced through Fowler joining the youth team" or is this file with "Robbie Fowler is taking over our Academy" conspiracy theory that got pushed by some on here?

Keep repeating a lie over and over again doesn't make it true, no matter how much it pushes the agenda of some posters.

If you want to know the difference between youngsters brought up in NIFL and the LOI.

Check out Trai Humes tackle on James McLean

It's funny how the majority of fans moan every window how bad its been culminating in this summers s**t show of a window and then say it's a disaster that the person responsible for them leaving!

Anyway, thought this was interesting:

Interesting stats, guess it highlights a few things we already know or suspect.

Jones has played more international football this season than he has league football.

Henry is struggling to play 90 mins.

Murphy was rushed back for a couple of cameos and then disappeared again.

Golding has a wasted 6 months, should be out on loan.

Spasov has played more League 1 minutes than Jones.

We get most 90 mins out of Brannagan, McGuane, Brown, Findlay, & Eastwood.

Bate is getting more minutes as the season progresses, important player now.

I have it on good authority that we are in for Tom Finney. The doomsayers will complain that he has been dead for a few years but , lets face it the odd 15-20 minutes off the bench and he will tear up League 1.

I have it on good authority that we are in for Tom Finney. The doomsayers will complain that he has been dead for a few years but , lets face it the odd 15-20 minutes off the bench and he will tear up League 1.

He’s the best player at this level if we can get him/keep him fit and alive Jerome, we think it’s a gamble worth taking.

He never played at full back while alive, but I reckon we can coach him to play both left back and right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom