Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting loan backs going on

Max Bird - Derby to Bristol City then loaned back (out of contract at end of season)
Ephron Mason-Clark - Posh to Coventry then loaned back. £3.5m fee it seems.

You look at the firepower our rivals have and you have to cringe a little.

Once we ballsed up on Marriott we had no options.

Hopefully we keep it tight in midfield and get a few on the break or from set pieces with Goodwin's height.
I’m not as worried as you mate, as the post earlier explained, we score goals spread across the team Ie Goodrham Brannagan Leigh and RR. So many clubs rely on a main goal scorer and nothing else, which can be more risky imo

You look at the firepower our rivals have and you have to cringe a little.

Once we ballsed up on Marriott we had no options.

Hopefully we keep it tight in midfield and get a few on the break or from set pieces with Goodwin's height.

We are the fifth top scorers in the league with a new centre forward, winger and centre midfielder coming in, a few more attackers coming back from injury, no one has scored loads more than us.

The way the owners are backing the squad building is quite something.

These are both fine players that we’ve brought in.

Matete was superb here for Sunderland in 2022; didn’t he score as well, or wa it Accrington he netted for? Or did he score in both games? Can’t recall.

Dale has always played well against us. Seems a little bit chopsy. Not a bad thing,

We are the fifth top scorers in the league with a new centre forward, winger and centre midfielder coming in, a few more attackers coming back from injury, no one has scored loads more than us.

Who is this winger you speak of? The only one I heard of linked wasn't happening.

Suspect the lateness of the Blackburn in will have scuppered any move for Leonard - assuming we were definitely in.
They won't have wanted to submit paperwork until fully signed off on McGuire.

With respect, so what? Age doesn't matter if you're relying on them here and now, as we have been this season. You don't get extra points for having X number of teenagers in your team.

We've really screwed him the last 18 months or so by needing him around when he's not ready but also barely giving him any minutes and often asking him to do donkey work holding the ball up in the corner. He needed a loan to play regular minutes at a lower level and I think we could have had a decent option this season but he never got it. It's a shame and he could still make it but while he's playing for us he needs to be treated the same as everyone else.

I reminded posters that GO'D is 19 in response to a comment that he is" not up to it at this level and shows no sign of getting there"

Being in a first team League 1 squad at 19 is already impressive. Who knows what it was like being a young player under K Robinson who seemed to choose youth team favourites on a whim, and ship people out on a whim too..

Mannig asked him to use his physical strength to hold up the ball at the end of games. A big responsibility for a very inexperienced player.

I absolutely agree that "We've really screwed him the last 18 months or so by needing him around when he's not ready but also barely giving him any minutes and often asking him to do donkey work holding the ball up in the corner."

Buckingham has decided to kepp him, and that can only be because he thinks he has a role to play. I'm sure lots of teams would have snapped him up. Maybe that's mismanangement, or maybe its because the coaching team think he could be what we first hoped when we watched him help the youth team do so well.

I'd disagree that "while he's playing for us he needs to be treated the same as everyone else" He needs to be treated like a 19 year old. Talented. inexperienced. who needs lots of good management to help him make the step up to first team football.

I reminded posters that GO'D is 19 in response to a comment that he is" not up to it at this level and shows no sign of getting there"

Being in a first team League 1 squad at 19 is already impressive. Who knows what it was like being a young player under K Robinson who seemed to choose youth team favourites on a whim, and ship people out on a whim too..

Mannig asked him to use his physical strength to hold up the ball at the end of games. A big responsibility for a very inexperienced player.

I absolutely agree that "We've really screwed him the last 18 months or so by needing him around when he's not ready but also barely giving him any minutes and often asking him to do donkey work holding the ball up in the corner."

Buckingham has decided to kepp him, and that can only be because he thinks he has a role to play. I'm sure lots of teams would have snapped him up. Maybe that's mismanangement, or maybe its because the coaching team think he could be what we first hoped when we watched him help the youth team do so well.

I'd disagree that "while he's playing for us he needs to be treated the same as everyone else" He needs to be treated like a 19 year old. Talented. inexperienced. who needs lots of good management to help him make the step up to first team football.

He can still go on loan to a non league team, different transfer rules for them.

He can still go on loan to a non league team, different transfer rules for them.

Yep, could send him out for the month and keep loaning him afterwards for a month to the same club. After the initial month we could recall him if we needed him on any subsequent loan to the same club.

Yeah but I think we need him if only to give Goodwin and Harris a rest late in the game. I’d like to think he’ll come good goal threat wise, he’s def looked better with his general play imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom