Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have managed to be 6th after 29 games with just 1 main striker, have brought in a 2nd striker with GOD and Bodin still in the wings plus some other excellent signings and yet you still manage to come across as negative. Fair play, that is a skill.

How are your sources getting on? Still feeding you false rumours? 😂
You look at the firepower our rivals have and you have to cringe a little.

Once we ballsed up on Marriott we had no options.

Hopefully we keep it tight in midfield and get a few on the break or from set pieces with Goodwin's height.

That was a really pleasing deadline day - 12 months on from the horror show of Smith and Konate, we've patiently waited to get in two players who have plenty of play-off/promotion chasing experience in L1 and something to prove to clubs who have written them off. Chalk and cheese!

I think the debate about O'Donkor will be answered at the end of the season - seems like he is regaining a bit of confidence under Des in the last couple of apps and if he scores an ugly goal off the bench at Fratton Park or something I think we'll all look back quite differently on keeping him around this season.

Last edited:
Fascinating these transfer windows. Wycombe are 19th and nothing to play for but are signing players. What’s the motivation?

Jay Matete is a bit of a wonder signing for me, exactly what we've needed all season. Will compliment Bran and Mcguane perfectly and opens up so many possibilities. 3 in a diamond or in a 2 allowing Brannagan the creative freedom he thrives on. Ruben will also now hopefully get a chance for a rest and take some pressure off him to find his form. Two very astute league one experienced signings today. From what i've seen of Dale he's in the Alex MacDonald mould of while not the quickest he's a fit and gritty winger who will chip in with goals also. Cumming is hopefully okay and looks promising aside from a shaky game in a horrible game for weather having not played for 6 months. Burey looking good the last few games with the pace and directness that will win games and Edwards who will hopefully be back in time to see us into the playoffs who I believe on his day is one of the best wingers in the division and Goodwin while maybe a gamble is a good foil for Harris and a different type of striker who suits our style with his apparent nack for pressing.

All in all 8/10 window for me and I don't see much room for criticism to Des and the recruitment team.
Well let’s hope he can chip in with more goals than the three in his last 31 games eh?

Hopefully we keep it tight in midfield and get a few on the break or from set pieces with Goodwin's height.
You look at your posts and you have to cringe a little.
Go and pour yourself a nice glass of red and celebrate a good day!

Cheer up Kip, there’s a good chap.

January transfer windows don’t come much better than this!

Gatlin O'Donkor is 19 years old
With respect, so what? Age doesn't matter if you're relying on them here and now, as we have been this season. You don't get extra points for having X number of teenagers in your team.

We've really screwed him the last 18 months or so by needing him around when he's not ready but also barely giving him any minutes and often asking him to do donkey work holding the ball up in the corner. He needed a loan to play regular minutes at a lower level and I think we could have had a decent option this season but he never got it. It's a shame and he could still make it but while he's playing for us he needs to be treated the same as everyone else.

And yet we are the 6th highest scorers in the League, only 6 behind the highest (Peterborough) and 4 behind 2nd highest (Derby).

How do you know we ballsed up on Marriott? If he got a better deal why wouldn't he go there. I bet Charlton are really pissed off that they weren't being considered by Marriott!

All in all, a good window and some surprises as well. What a difference to last January. Saturday will be interesting, chances for the new boys to come in and, hopefully, updates on those coming back from injuries.
Got hotel booked for Exeter away for the celebratory final game. (before the play-offs?)

Just come in from a gig, thought I’d find a lot of sobbing blokes! But just the same bickering. Matete is a coup isnt he? The club kept that really quiet. Another striker would have been nice but it’s all pretty good.
What gig were you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom