Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was always going to happen. As soon as the club starts seeking out higher level interest, they are gone.

Being loaned out to a championship club.
I'd assume the club has someone lined up, hopefully it is someone like Jamie Cumming or Joseph Anang. I can personally see us looking at Crocombe to be fair.

Are we expecting anyone in before the Charlton game?
Wouldn't have thought so, unless there somehow is a deal agreed and in place, like a free agent who has been training with us or a loan from a Premier League side, sort of like when we signed Jordan Graham back on loan. Can't see anything, more likely to get staff confirmation than anything new player-wise

Wouldn't have thought so, unless there somehow is a deal agreed and in place, like a free agent who has been training with us or a loan from a Premier League side, sort of like when we signed Jordan Graham back on loan. Can't see anything, more likely to get staff confirmation than anything new player-wise
Getting staff In place and named would be something !

Who knows but I wouldn't say no to Crocombe ,he was very impressive for Burton against us.
Links with the club and Buckingham obviously, seems well liked here too. Wouldn't be against it but did only just join Burton in the summer.

Links with the club and Buckingham obviously, seems well liked here too. Wouldn't be against it but did only just join Burton in the summer.

Yes it will cost to get him but then even if we do get another loanee GK in we will have to find another one in the summer.

I wonder if Walton from Ipswich would be available for a loan? Just returning from injury but Hladky is performing well and would be a waste to have the calibre of Walton sat on the bench. Excellent for Ipswich last season.

Yes it will cost to get him but then even if we do get another loanee GK in we will have to find another one in the summer.
I would always prefer having a permanent GK specifically, there are always exceptions (like Beadle) but it is the most cyclical position as more often than not they will play almost every game, having to switch or rely on not losing those players becomes much trickier with loanees.

I wonder if Walton from Ipswich would be available for a loan? Just returning from injury but Hladky is performing well and would be a waste to have the calibre of Walton sat on the bench. Excellent for Ipswich last season.
Can't see us having any chance of that deal, but would almost certainly be the best goalkeeper in League One immediately in my opinion if we were to get him.

Playing devils advocate a bit but what would the chances of getting sam smith from reading? They are in financial trouble, I know he’s not popular but he is a good striker fans would soon forget if he starts banging a few in?
No, anyone who disrespects Joey can’t be trusted.

Yes a very useful player.
Not sure he would want to come back here based on his reaction to his inevitable goals against us (although if he was paid enough....)
I'm sure he'd get over it. As would we. I'm not even sure he really appreciated the situation when he celebrated inappropriately tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom