Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd personally get one or two more wingers than we require, which at the moment is probably about 7-8 due to injury issues, younger players permanently from Premier League academies or from leagues like ROI or NI, as well as League Two and Non-League. This gives us the depth as well as the potential to replace the older players such as Bodin and Henry further down the line. Would still like to see the implementation of players such as Griffiths and Elliott-Wheeler though, as both are great talents, though I can see the argument for not thrusting them both in at the moment.

Managed to miss out everyone you named, forgot about a fair few :ROFLMAO: I certainly think we need to continue to sign players who have excelled in lower divisions, such as Rodrigues, as well as those who have proved it in this league and are perfect for us, but yet they always seem to slip away. Players like Matete or Wiredu would do excellently, but it depends what we recruitment-wise believe we need to do, I can see us indirectly ignoring problem/needed positions to add in.
Definitely a robust midfielder. Wish we got that Jay Mingi when he was on a free. Forward line is top priority. Need 2/3 wingers and a couple strikers. Gorrin contract is up, hopefully odonkor and smyth finds a loan. Id send edwards back. Perkins as well. That opens up 5 positions. Id want a permanent striker and loan striker. A loan winger and perm winger and a perm midfielder. Id be happy with that

I'd personally get one or two more wingers than we require, which at the moment is probably about 7-8 due to injury issues, younger players permanently from Premier League academies or from leagues like ROI or NI, as well as League Two and Non-League. This gives us the depth as well as the potential to replace the older players such as Bodin and Henry further down the line. Would still like to see the implementation of players such as Griffiths and Elliott-Wheeler though, as both are great talents, though I can see the argument for not thrusting them both in at the moment.
We cannot play henry and bodin out wide ever again. Thats showed this season. That Cooper we signed wheres he? Id like to golding get a chance. Hope Josh Johnson comes back soon. I like him a lot

Alas, according to journalist Alan Swann, Fleetwood were the other L1 club chasing Jonson Clarke-Harris before Lee Johnson was sacked today.

Remarkable stuff. Two sh*t sides (and one an all-round sh*t club), both with top quality L1 strikers already on their books, literally queuing up to have a go on JCH.

We must have something really 'wow' lined up instead. And I mean Shankland level 'wow'.

Anyone hear anything else about Jake Young? Saw a few of our fans say it was happening and saw a few Sw*ndon fans say it was happening but haven’t seen anything else for a few days. Only twitter/forum rumours, so doubt there was anything in it to begin with tbh.

Anyone hear anything else about Jake Young? Saw a few of our fans say it was happening and saw a few Sw*ndon fans say it was happening but haven’t seen anything else for a few days. Only twitter/forum rumours, so doubt there was anything in it to begin with tbh.
Think Nick Harris has said about him playing in league 1 In January, like he said about the next oxford manager could come from anywhere like New Zealand to Mumbai

• React
Reactions: Ian
s anything in it to begin with tbh
Might be a gamble if we did I doubt we would have enough wonga for JCH

s anything in it to begin with tbh

Might be a gamble if we did I doubt we would have enough wonga for JCH
We have the funds, but it’s whether we spend some of our dosh to posh is another matter.

Suspect it’s just a case of not giving too much information to the opposition.

None the less, relying on Murphy and Browne to contribute consistent minutes is a fools game. Imagine they’re swallowing a decent bit of the budget for limited play time.

Best ability is availability, and all that.
I think it’s time we moved on from Browne & Murphy if I’m honest!

I wouldn't mind putting in a bid for the #7 Cambridge had he was class on boxing day as for a striker Clarke-harris is the most natural choice but I dunno I hope we get some business done early tho we bloody need the bodies

Will keep a few to myself, but ones I’ve already mentioned
Stevens to expensive for what you get.

Out In
Mcginty Sondergaard
Stevens Farrugia
Thorniley. Pijnaker
ODonkor loan
Perkins.
Woltman loan
Henry loan
Edwards return
Edit
Gorrin
So potentially 9 out?
And that assumes Beadle is not recalled.
2 to 3 of those maybe difficult to shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom