Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lundstsram was incredible his first couple of months, including his debut from what I remember, I seem to remember here just won or been to the final With one of the England youth teams at major tournament when we signed him, Definitely didn’t take long for people to start talking about premiership for him
Southampton enquired about him before he'd even made his league debut for Oxford. He played against Southampton in a training match just after he'd signed for us

seems cov fans knew last night he was training with us. i think hes on trial

1656168265893.png

Last edited:
We tried signing Jodi 4 seasons ago.

Coventry wanted £1.5 million for him before he got an ACL injury.

That was when we just sold Marvin Johnson for £2.5M to Middlesbrough under Pep Clotet we signed Mowatt on loan as his replacement in the end

That was when we just sold Marvin Johnson for £2.5M to Middlesbrough under Pep Clotet we signed Mowatt on loan as his replacement in the end

Was very highly rated then done his ACL after scoring a hat trick for Coventry. Been having all kinds of issues with recovery for years before returning last season & playing 9 times.

Rumour has it that Northampton have offered him a deal but he’s chosen to go out to Spain with us to try & earn a deal.

Was very highly rated then done his ACL after scoring a hat trick for Coventry. Been having all kinds of issues with recovery for years before returning last season & playing 9 times.

Rumour has it that Northampton have offered him a deal but he’s chosen to go out to Spain with us to try & earn a deal.
Definitely worth a punt if he's fit again. But assume it will be a one year deal with a low basic. As was Bodin?

Could we offer JJ a pay as you play abit like Mackie also wasn't bodin on a deal like that last season plus this season we get 5 subs to bring on so might not be as bad as people think

I thought we were 10 players short as of a couple of days ago?

5 players short of the 20 man squad cap but that's including Mousinho and Davis and assuming it's still a 20 man squad cap plus 2 goalkeepers next season. With 5 subs allowed next season the squad cap may increase.

Didn't say any different. Just pointing out that he wouldn't play only as a right winger!!
At the risk of sounding petty it seemed very much in the direction of KR for being too stubborn. But he’s not trying to pioneer something that’s unproven, if anything he’s following the blueprint of what has been successful at the top level with wide players. Out-and-out wingers are a dying breed.

I absolutely agree Whyte is much better on the right or through the middle but KR experimented with him (AKA, tried to develop his game). It’s as much down to Whyte to adapt which statistically he did well, but to the naked eye it didn’t look natural for him. Saying that he’s far batter than sitting on the touchline in a 442 putting crosses in so he’s a curious one. He is a much, much better player than Holland for example but didn’t grab as many headlines. A bit like McGuane we just need to find the right balance/role for him and all of sudden you’ve got a real monster of a player. I’d have him back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom