Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it end though? At some point he needs to start building a centre back partnership with Moore, ideally before we face McGoldrick, Hourihane and co.

We are less than 3 weeks before the season starts with no guarantee of when our CB arrives.
I don't think Burnley will have given us a huge amount of choice about when McNally moved to them, regardless of our situation.
I fully agree I wouldn’t want this on every deal and I too am concerned we seem to be really struggling to close deals off. But on this one I’m not sure what more they can do and I can’t help but admire what they’re putting in to secure this player. It appears to be absolute tunnel vision for him and if they get him, I take my hat off to them. If they don’t, I’ll throw it at them 😂

What we don’t know is how air tight the deal is as of now. It could all be signed with a contract in effect from the day after the New England fixture so no matter what, Philly have to release him to us on that date and those were their conditions of sale. Better that than it fall through.

It’s not the best news I’ve heard but it’s an inconvenience at worst.

injury!? he is supposed to be our first choice starting centre back,if he doesnt get bloody injured after everything is agreed.
Isnt it the case that the bid wouldnt be accepted if the the selling team needed him for a few games?
Well again, it’s their player and they set the conditions. If your dream house came on the market and the sellers said we’re willing to sell at a price you’re prepared to pay but we need to find a place overseas first and that’ll take a few months of back and forth, you’d wait.

I know football is a different beast and not much of it compares to ‘real life’ but it’s relatable why KR is prepared to play the game here - this is his man. He’s wanted him long before this window.

Half the reinforcements should be here by now tho!

So far we’ve managed to trial a croc and fried chicken man. Plus almost sign someone who got half way here from USA and had to turn round again!
That’s all we know about. That’s key. Don’t underestimate what we don’t know.

Publicly? No. But I’ve no doubt it happens. And do clubs do similar things like hold off a sale until they’ve been replaced? Yes, all the time.

I actually quite like that we know exactly what’s going on. Don’t understand what there is to hate other than he’s not arriving tomorrow via Amazon prime.
So why didn’t we say to Burnley hold on, we’re not letting McNally go until our replacement has touched down and put pen to paper?

Well again, it’s their player and they set the conditions. If your dream house came on the market and the sellers said we’re willing to sell at a price you’re prepared to pay but we need to find a place overseas first and that’ll take a few months of back and forth, you’d wait.

I know football is a different beast and not much of it compares to ‘real life’ but it’s relatable why KR is prepared to play the game here - this is his man. He’s wanted him long before this window.
but you wouldnt have that bid accepted and signed?

Think this whole scenario rests on whether hes actually pre signed anything or not. If theres still nothing concrete and the deals open to being hijacked or, philly get an injury next week what then ??

So why didn’t we say to Burnley hold on, we’re not letting McNally go until our replacement has touched down and put pen to paper?
That I don’t know! I could speculate but I’d be guessing. A lot of it depends on the position of the selling club and whilst we’re not desperate, we do depend on a sale of this nature periodically and perhaps we felt this opportunity may not present itself again and it would allow us to go harder at this window to put the squad in a better place overall. Essentially, there was something in it for us as well. The Findlay deal won’t change the landscape for Philly. In a weird way they’re doing us and him a favour by letting us take him - though it sounds odd, it has that feel about it. The McNally sale was huge for OUFC.

Think this whole scenario rests on whether hes actually pre signed anything or not. If theres still nothing concrete and the deals open to being hijacked or, philly get an injury next week what then ??
yep,does anyone actually have proper info on this? if we have signed him,hes ours and shouldnt be playing for them,if we havent he could go anywhere else or be told to stay with Philadelphia for as long as they like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom