Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a fantastic player for us, but I think we all knew this would happen will always have a special place with OUFC fans…. Shame but with a year left I guess we have no choice… what injury prone MF’s are now available for KR (Kane out for 5/6 wks so probably him!) Good luck Cam it’s been a privilege to watch you!

Sorry but i think this is poor from Cam, his agent has obviously tipped off Blackpool too say he is welcome to a move and to do it 2 days before the season starts is rubbish
Absolutely horse sh*t this is, the guy has given his all every time, has kept his head down when Blackpool tried to pay us in free donkey rides for his services and has delivered with his performances, the situation sucks, but if there is anyone in our team who everyone should congratulate on getting a move to the Championship that his quality rightly deserves, it's Cam.

Thanks for the record penalty taking and the all round true loyalty and professionalism.
It’s time to move on and reinvest.

Was always a chance he would go this summer, would of been better early on but it’s hard to blame him. Higher league, bigger wage and nearer to home. I suppose the only question was whether he fancied gambling in going a free next summer and pocketing the extra cash, but with what happened with his eye you can’t blame him for being cautious.

It’s good to get the money but it’s a big blow to lose your best player two days before the start of the season, need a replacement pronto.

Fair play to Cameron Brannagan - can’t begrudge him the move. Shitty timing but as Appleton would say “it’s one of them things”.

Huge moment for whoever plays on Saturday, then hopefully a replacement in ASAP.

Heres my opinion, FWIW...

Losing Brannagans was always going to happen at some point.
To Blackpool and 2 days before the season starts is a sickened and also abysmal timing, but I'd still rather cash in on the £2m now, rather than lose him on a free at the end of next season.
He will still be getting championship offers then.
Remember, no player is bigger than the club and every player is replaceable.

So, what happens next?
KR has some work to do in CM.
And if he has any sense about him, he would have preempted this and has some idea of who would replace Branners should he leave.

If he DOESN'T fix this..
It's a major f**k up.

But I still believe we are being backed by the board and KR isn't an idiot.

And with that in mind, I wait with hopeful anticipation that KR will come through and fix this. But these 48 hours are crucial!

As for Brannagan - nothing but love for the guy. Would never begrudge a player of a move to a higher tier.

Last edited:
CB has been immense for us and fully deserves a move up to the Championship.

As said by others, the money from this needs to be invested in the first team and in the right places. An interesting few days coming up I think.

MM and AG to start in the middle then?

Let's not jump at this just yet, Blackpool have wanted him for ages and have probably realised his release clause has an expiry date before the end of the window.

I don't begrudge Bran a move at all, he's a Championship quality midfielder who's out of contract next summer. I have no ill feeling towards him, he's served us very well.

Genuinely gutted about this though, he's been one of the best OUFC players to watch in my lifetime, he's going to be extremely difficult to replace as there's not many like him, his attitude on the pitch is second to none, let alone his ability on the ball.

£1.4m should get you the very best from League 2 and most of League 1, or top wages towards one coming down from the Championship. We need to get it right.
Luongo & or Camara should be two targets we are after and would arguably make us stronger than we are right now. If we lose Cam but gained those two then it would take the sting out of losing Cam somewhat. Real test of what the owners ambitions truly are I suppose. Which I believe is very high.

Look at it from Cam's point of view - we've had three chances at promotion and fallen short. And, despite the impressive signing of Josh Murphy in recent days, I doubt this window has instilled any confidence in him that we're any better equipped for promotion than we were on those previous three occasions.

Good players leaving. Same issues left unaddressed (no FBs signed, no CDM). Yes, we're bringing in exciting attacking players - but we've always proven ourselves capable of doing that.

He wants to play at a higher level and I'm sure he developed concerns at the chances of doing that here - so he's moving to a good Championship club with a manager that we all know will get the best of him on probably 3 or 4x the money he's on now.

I think we all knew after we blew out of the playoff spots last season it was extremely unlikely Cam would be with us this season. But it is utterly galling to lose him on essentially the eve of the season, when our summer recruitment could already be described as ‘incomplete’.

Best of luck to him. He’s acted impeccably and is a credit to himself. He has more than earned a crack at the Championship

Accept playoffs are very unlikely, invest in several players with next year the aim please Robbo/board

James Henry looked hungry when he came on against Wimbledon, we are going to need him, midfield looks thin now.

As a child I was mortified when Jim Smith left. This feels very similar. The only one that came close was when I thought James Constable was going to Swindon.
I still haven't got over Beano leaving for Eastleigh, we offered him such a measly, embarrassing contract despite him being our top goalscorer. The he signs for Eastleigh for double what we offered and never *officially* breaks our scoring record. Still hurts to this day!

Would we rather lose him now for 7 figures or in 11 months time for nothing? Aslong as we have a replacement lined up, Camara should be number 1 on that list, then I’d say it isn’t bad business. If he isn’t replaced then it’s terrible business. It just couldn’t come at a worst time. Going into Derby away without Cam is going to be a disaster.

Sorry but i think this is poor from Cam, his agent has obviously tipped off Blackpool too say he is welcome to a move and to do it 2 days before the season starts is rubbish

Ridiculous.

He had his clause activated, hardly poor form from Cameron.

What I would say, is lots of reasons this may have happened, we may have the replacement lined up and about to invest in and they've all worked together to make it happen. Possibly ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom