Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Let's look at the evidence before Blackpool triggered the clause. It doesn't take a genius...

Reasons to believe CB might leave this summer
  • He hasn't signed the contract offer we made him.
  • He's too good for L1.
  • He should have been playing in the championship years ago, but has been loyal for longer than we had any right to expect.
  • The vultures have been circling window after window for ages.
  • He's seen Ox player after player (not as good as good as him) transfer to the Champ with big wages, big stadium etc.
  • His friends and family are up north.
Reasons to believe CB might stay
  • He's got a new fish tank.
If it was obvious to most that he would move, why was everyone so disappointed?

Why is it obvious that he wouldn't play out his last year and go to a Championship club on a free with higher wages?

So many people look for scapegoats when things don't go as they'd like
No one knew a club would come in and meet the buy out clause until it actually happened
Especially when they'd baulked at it when Cam's contract still had longer to run
In response to the accusation that we should have had someone lined up and ready what calibre of player would have been willing to come in to play 2nd fiddle if Cam had stayed on?
At least now we can say to potential replacements that they will be very likely to play if fit and in form
And we'll have a bit of money for any fee and wages
We all wish it hadn't happened but maybe we will do something similar to a top player lower down the pyamid
I doubt we'd have much concern for the club losing a player under the same conditions

Kip is annoying but this is true, there's no point the player making a sideways move to Oxford, even if we were odds-on for promotion, if there's a chance of a championship club wanting him.
Do championship clubs want him tho he's been transfer listed all summer and he's still at Plymouth and I'm sure Plymouth don't want to lose him for free

Could make a loan player/club more interested as it will likely increase their chances of playing regularly.

I take it all back, Robbo. If you've managed to get money for Forde, I salute thee!

Last edited:
I am.not sure that this is the default for most.
The noisy minority I think
I'm perfectly level headed and pragmatic about the things the manager, players or club do, and will always shower them with praise when it's appropriate, but will also not shy away from criticising them when it's equally appropriate.

It's called having a balanced perspective, and not just praising the club blindly, and then blindly justifying every mistake, and shooting down those who understandably criticise and voice their concerns.

But this window has not gone well, we are 2 days away from the start of the season, and our squad is horribly short in multiple key areas, meaning even if we make some great signings between now and the end of the window, we've left ourselves too much to do at this stage, and our start to the season is going to be severely hindered, AGAIN.

With the exception of Brown (a squad player) and Findlay, all the other players we have brought in, although talented players, are either crocks, injury prone and already injured, returning from major injuries, or by their own admission, not match fit, so anyone who thinks this window up to now been a success, is deluded.

Also, KR usually flogs the players half to death in preseason, so there's the usual inevitable injury crisis in the first month or two to deal with as well!

Last edited:
So many people look for scapegoats when things don't go as they'd like
No one knew a club would come in and meet the buy out clause until it actually happened
Especially when they'd baulked at it when Cam's contract still had longer to run
In response to the accusation that we should have had someone lined up and ready what calibre of player would have been willing to come in to play 2nd fiddle if Cam had stayed on?
At least now we can say to potential replacements that they will be very likely to play if fit and in form
And we'll have a bit of money for any fee and wages
We all wish it hadn't happened but maybe we will do something similar to a top player lower down the pyamid
I doubt we'd have much concern for the club losing a player under the same conditions
I’m not sure I agree with u here!

A top league one player, obviously not wanting to sign a new deal, with a ressonable buyout clause that most Championship clubs could afford and no one thought/knew anyone would come in for him?? Really?! Give me a break!

Whilst yes you wouldn’t expect a player to come and necessarily play second fiddle to CB, we haven’t even replaced Kane, and have Gorrin coming back from a very serious injury, so should have had someone in anyway in terms of a Central Midfielder. The problem has now doubled at least!

And wouldn’t we want another quality CM anyway for competition and in case of injuries etc… even if Kane had been replaced?

Let’s hope we can pull some rabbits out of hats, we need to now. COYY

There's a lot of games between September and January. I'm not saying that Herbie Kane is the answer, but getting the right player a few weeks into the season is better than waiting until half the games are gone.
not heard we are looking at him with his current injury situation have u Scotchers!
And buying him on the cheap with a Sept/Oct return from injury?

This forum will go nuts and rightly so!

not heard we are looking at him with his current injury situation have u Scotchers!
And buying him on the cheap with a Sept/Oct return from injury?

This forum will go nuts and rightly so!

As I said, I'm not saying in anyway that Kane is the answer. Just making the point that a player missing the first few games isn't ideal, but it's better than having a gap until January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom