Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players out Winnall,Hanson,Cooper,mcnally,sykes,Williams,Forde,Branigan plus loan players kane,Brown,Wyhte, Holland I make that 12 players out 4 in 1isa goalie and one injured this shows what a very poor window it's been so far.

So going off that then I’d say we need 5/6 new players.

Agree with you completely - it's two full backs, two central midfielders now, one striker and Jones......and then maybe another winger would be nice, but we could live without it (especially if Goodrham is ready to take up minutes in the cups)

I said it on the other thread, but the only positive thing about Forde's departure is that it's taking away a crutch from KR.
He now can't point to Forde and say "Look, we've got a backup RB" - he'll have to go out and sign somebody else because we don't even have another makeshift candidate in the squad! If Sam Long were to pull up injured at halftime on Saturday, who the hell would be play there instead? Findlay, I guess and then rejig the whole back line? Or go three at the back and James Henry at RWB? It's scary to contemplate.

There's obviously no positive way to view Cam's departure. He's going to be nigh-on impossible to replace.
Who are we going to have in central midfield on Saturday? I can't imagine Gorrin is ready to start after just 20 minutes of pre-season. So McGuane/Henry? McGuane/Smyth?
Either way, it's not the central midfield of a promotion candidate and needs to be remedied with urgency. I know we still have five weeks, but we've got six league games in that span, and this season is going to be so competitive that we can't afford to be throwing away points early doors against the League One also rans (which is who we're likely playing in August).

Goodness.
Almost the whole forum was suggesting that Forde wouldn't get near the team this season
He has a 3 year deal lined up and a right back should be in next week.
On a day when Brannagan has left to make a deal out of Forde going is baffling to me
Forde's departure will definitely hit our options especially from a versatility standpoint - he could play in so many roles in and around the back and the fact we need full/wing backs as it is, it means we probably need another 2/3 between now and January. He always did a job for us and it's gonna leave a bit of a hole that might grow as the season wears especially if we don't get some cover in.

Two in and two out was not what I was expecting this week!

Goodness.
Almost the whole forum was suggesting that Forde wouldn't get near the team this season
He has a 3 year deal lined up and a right back should be in next week.
On a day when Brannagan has left to make a deal out of Forde going is baffling to me

To be fair it’s a decent deal I’d imagine for both player and club as UTO or EC Yellow said earlier (sorry can’t remember which offhand).

However I think the only thing making this a concern today, is that we can barely field a team of senior pros with any sort of a decent back up bench for Sat. So although he prob wouldn’t generally get near the first team starting 11, we are so short of players to start the season, the timing again is the issue!

Good point about last game of the season.

Trouble with having a list of replacements is that by now they’ve probably moved or signed a new contract

I was convinced by his reaction after the final whistle that he was off.

e844bf44d760c315577757bf378ef38d.jpg

Some were claiming it was just a usual goodbye to the season but players don’t end up spending ten minutes with the fans in the stand, no matter how lovely we might be!

To be fair it’s a decent deal I’d imagine for both player and club as UTO or EC Yellow said earlier (sorry can’t remember which offhand).

However I think the only thing making this a concern today, is that we can barely field a team of senior pros with any sort of a decent back up bench for Sat. So although he prob wouldn’t generally get near the first team starting 11, we are so short of players to start the season, the timing again is the issue!
Even if Forde played 10 games this season, it's just the comfort that we have depth and cover to turn to. If Long, Henry or Seddon get injured then already we'll have to start making radical changes to our system just to compensate the absentees. Prior to today with Forde still ours, I would've said we needed another two fullbacks even then.

I was convinced by his reaction after the final whistle that he was off.

e844bf44d760c315577757bf378ef38d.jpg

Some were claiming it was just a usual goodbye to the season but players don’t end up spending ten minutes with the fans in the stand, no matter how lovely we might be!

Honestly I think most would accept it was a potential goodbye, because Cam knew he might be off if the release clause was met. That's nowhere near the same thing as him leaving being a foregone conclusion.

I don't buy that Cam knew all along this bid was going to come in two days before kick off.

UTO didn't know, and he knows everything.

Even if Forde played 10 games this season, it's just the comfort that we have depth and cover to turn to. If Long, Henry or Seddon get injured then already we'll have to start making radical changes to our system just to compensate the absentees. Prior to today with Forde still ours, I would've said we needed another two fullbacks even then.
This is why I'm fine with Forde leaving. He can play FB, CM, Wing. Yet if he leaves, I think we still need the same number of new faces at FB, CM and Wing as I would if he stayed.

I've also been impressed with him too... Very much so!!
Is he first team, league 1 ready though?
He hasn't played a single minute of league football at this level 😬
Maybe he does... But it isn't really the time to be experimenting 🤣

I do however have full confidence in him being the next big talent at Oxford.
McNally hadn’t either had he?

Just looked good on the ball, strong, physical and made a good pass etc.

Don’t think it would be fair to put all the pressure on him, but I’d definitely give him a go!

Brannagan who? (we can dream)

2 Full backs
1 or 2 strikers
2 wingers
2 central midfielders
1 utility player

i’d say 8 or 9 Baz!

And that’s serious not trying to be funny or negative!
9 players!! Got to say I totally disagree.

For me:

One right back
One centre back
One/Two centre midfielders
One/Two right wingers
One striker

If they’re all high quality players, starting XI level, then 5-7 players will be fine.

Honestly I think most would accept it was a potential goodbye, because Cam knew he might be off if the release clause was met. That's nowhere near the same thing as him leaving being a foregone conclusion.

I don't buy that Cam knew all along this bid was going to come in two days before kick off.

Cam may not have known, but his agent will have been in touch with Blackpool’s representatives for months.

I don’t begrudge him a move in the slightest. It’s a bigger club in a bigger league with a bigger wage.

The guy almost lost his sight in the last couple of years and it’s a short career. He deserves a crack at the Championship as we’ve failed for three seasons to get him to the level he should probably play at.

We just need to reinvest the money well and I’m sure we’ll be getting more great players in [emoji1303]

Agents might have encouraged Blackpool to make the release clause bid. That might start a chain of events, that could push OUFC to make an unbelievable offer or see QPR come in for him.

Players out Winnall,Hanson,Cooper,mcnally,sykes,Williams,Forde,Branigan plus loan players kane,Brown,Wyhte, Holland I make that 12 players out 4 in 1isa goalie and one injured this shows what a very poor window it's been so far.
The first 3 you’d barely know were here last season and Brown has signed on a permanent. We have work to do, yes, but don’t exaggerate it more than is needed.

Anyone shed any light on the hold up with Jones? as someone said previously i’d feel a lot more comfortable with Jones signed up for Saturday

We just need to reinvest the money well and I’m sure we’ll be getting more great players in

Yes but as usual we're late to the party, late with season tickets announcement, late with bringing out the shirts, late with incomings when we didn't have the play offs to blame this year.

I could go on and on but at the end of the day while the board/owners/money men may have experience of building grounds and businesses currently its like we're being run by a bunch of amateurs.

Anyone shed any light on the hold up with Jones? as someone said previously i’d feel a lot more comfortable with Jones signed up for Saturday
He might have signed the deal last week, just we haven't announced it.

Or he wants a better contract

9 players!! Got to say I totally disagree.

For me:

One right back
One centre back
One/Two centre midfielders
One/Two right wingers
One striker

If they’re all high quality players, starting XI level, then 5-7 players will be fine.
What about a LB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom