Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have some very talented players, but crikey some have had serious injuries in the past, let’s hope it doesn't come back to bite us. As usual being an Oxford fans it’s going to be a roller coaster year, it could be a busy season for Amy!! 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Our squad for the start of the season 29/07/22 -

Very thin but bundles of quality across it.
Haven’t included Mousinho as don’t believe he will be in final EFL squad. Golding & Goodrham also options before they head out on loan.

5 more needed minimum - a left back, right back, central midfielder, a winger & a striker added.

*for injuries - Baldock & Wildschut

07B8A8EC-D3F0-4AF1-940B-9207E35E6843.jpeg

A bit apprehensive about this. The lad hasn’t played much at all for quite some time, and I don’t like us signing crocks, especially when there is money in the pot to avoid these type of signings. I understand he’s been great in pre season, and I only hope he can stay fit, and have a positive influence on the team, and he contributes throughout the season. There’s a lot of risk, and I hope this signing pays off.

A bit apprehensive about this. The lad hasn’t played much at all for quite some time, and I don’t like us signing crocks, especially when there is money in the pot to avoid these type of signings. I understand he’s been great in pre season, and I only hope he can stay fit, and have a positive influence on the team, and he contributes throughout the season. There’s a lot of risk, and I hope this signing pays off.
This is bound to be an appearance related contract so little risk. Quality when fit and when fit a cut above league 1

Disagree. So long as we supplement with proven fit league 1 performers, this is a punt well worth taking. He's had a full pre season so it's not a Winnall situation.

He will be on a pay as you go basis ( presumably with a relatively low basic)
So not a huge risk.
Interesting that he was fit all last season ( he just wasn't in the first team much). So he has presumably been through 2 pre seasons now and has played some first team football and some reserve games/ friendlies.
He is only 24 and clearly is a very good player when fit, so here's hoping.

Our squad for the start of the season 29/07/22 -

Very thin but bundles of quality across it.
Haven’t included Mousinho as don’t believe he will be in final EFL squad. Golding & Goodrham also options before they head out on loan.

5 more needed minimum - a left back, right back, central midfielder, a winger & a striker added.

*for injuries - Baldock & Wildschut

With the squad as it is, Golding is almost certainly on the subs bench tomorrow. Potentially Mousinho as well.

Disagree. So long as we supplement with proven fit league 1 performers, this is a punt well worth taking. He's had a full pre season so it's not a Winnall situation.

I’m all for punts, especially non Lge talent, and yes he could be a master stroke of a signing, it’s just that he hasn’t played much and has had 3 ACL injuries. Risk involved and hopefully reward at the end of it.

McGinty in the squad for tomorrow according to club website.

Which one of Stevens/Eastwood will be left out? Surely whoever it is will be looking to move on instead of being 3rd choice in League One.

McGinty in the squad for tomorrow according to club website.

Which one of Stevens/Eastwood will be left out? Surely whoever it is will be looking to move on instead of being 3rd choice in League One.
I'd imagine whoever is left out has already got a move lined up .

Keeper Gorrin, Jones Smyth, Henry , Goodrham, Seddon or Brown

Golding may make it onto the bench as I think KR suggested he could cover right back as well as he played well there in a behind closed doors friendly this week.

Crawley loaned their no.1 out today, very weird timing. Would love Jack to spend a season there and show us that he is still that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom