Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we threw youngsters on at the end and Derby tore them to shreds in front of 30,000 fans lording it up and taking the P**s, Robinson would get pelters on here.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we bring on a young centre back or goalkeeper. But a striker can’t do much wrong in 5–15 mins on the pitch over a absolutely wrecked Matty Taylor who can barely move.

If we threw youngsters on at the end and Derby tore them to shreds in front of 30,000 fans lording it up and taking the P**s, Robinson would get pelters on here.
How would putting on two attackers see us being torn to shreds ?
Remember 17 year old centre back is our right back cover ...that could harm his confidence if played out of position and didn't do well

I don’t think anyone is suggesting we bring on a young centre back or goalkeeper. But a striker can’t do much wrong in 5–15 mins on the pitch over a absolutely wrecked Matty Taylor who can barely move.
Comments would include:

Responsibility of senior professionals to dig us out of a hole.
Robinson needed to build a better squad and not rely on youth to dig us out of a hole.
Youngsters should be eased in when we're winning 3-0 not when we need a goal.

How would putting on two attackers see us being torn to shreds ?
Remember 17 year old centre back is our right back cover ...that could harm his confidence if played out of position and didn't do well
What was the first word of the post you quoted.

I absolutely agree that it's stupid to have a 17 year old CB as your right back cover.

Comments would include:

Responsibility of senior professionals to dig us out of a hole.
Robinson needed to build a better squad and not rely on youth to dig us out of a hole.
Youngsters should be eased in when we're winning 3-0 not when we need a goal.

What was the first word of the post you quoted.

I absolutely agree that it's stupid to have a 17 year old CB as your right back cover.
I know ,just going by KR logic couldn't put a 19 yo winger on for 10 minutes but could play a 17 yo out of position for 90 if required!

Not at all. I wouldn’t. You play players in their correct positions. What exactly was the point of throwing brown on in the 90th minute. Not like he’s a brick S***house of a CB is it? Especially with our penchant for floating free kicks and corners into the box with zero pace on them as well. We needed to stretch the game yesterday at 1-0 down to try get back in it. Both O’Donkor & Goodrham have pace to burn. The fact they weren’t used at 1-0 down to try get back in the game is stupidity.

Not at all. I wouldn’t. You play players in their correct positions. What exactly was the point of throwing brown on in the 90th minute. Not like he’s a brick S***house of a CB is it? Especially with our penchant for floating free kicks and corners into the box with zero pace on them as well. We needed to stretch the game yesterday at 1-0 down to try get back in it. Both O’Donkor & Goodrham have pace to burn. The fact they weren’t used at 1-0 down to try get back in the game is stupidity.
It’s a bit desperate to think two boys who’ve never played a first team game would have saved us. Makes more sense to ask why there weren’t any experienced options.

I don’t know if you saw Odonkor against Doncaster, he didn’t look the part yet, unlike Golding
Because he got given 5 minutes. If they aren’t trusted to be brought on. Don’t put them on the bench. Go with 5 subs. Literally pointless having them there to not bring them on when with have nothing to lose at all. You can make 5 subs these days too I might add. As I have just mentioned. I don’t think KR was worried about losing 2 or 3-0 seeing as he allowed SE to go up for that last free kick.

It’s a bit desperate to think two boys who’ve never played a first team game would have saved us. Makes more sense to ask why there weren’t any experienced options.
I would ask that, but if they are the options at the minute that could of made any kind of difference. You bring them off the bench. Not let them sit there twiddling their thumbs.

I would ask that, but if they are the options at the minute that could of made any kind of difference. You bring them off the bench. Not let them sit there twiddling their thumbs.
Think of their development and confidence rather than KR basically saying you are not good enough to pop on for 10 even though we haven't done anything this 2nd half .

Think of their development and confidence rather than KR basically saying you are not good enough to pop on for 10 even though we haven't done anything this 2nd half .
How can you develop if you aren’t given the chance? How do you know if they won’t thrive in that environment. We were 1-0 down. Not 1-0 up and needing experienced heads to hold on. We needed anyone who could make any kind of difference yesterday. We brought on a CB in the 90th minute and sent our keeper forward. If we had conceded a goal pushing forward for an equaliser I wouldn’t of blamed goodrham or O’Donkor that’s for sure. That was a no lose situation for us where we should of used them with very little pressure on them once we went 1-0 down. It could be the making of them. Not gonna find out with them warming the bench that’s a sure fact.

Problem with youngsters coming in on loan is the parent club will stipulate how many appearances they need etc. I would rather have one of our youth players like O'Donkor be 4th choice
The difference could be though one is ready for div.1 football and the other is not. Then it becomes a real false economy.

Even before today another striker was absolutely essential but after that it’s the most pressing signing we need to make. Taylor was awful, Baldock is a crock, Brown isn’t a centre forward, the lad on the bench is really nowhere near ready. Cole Stockton is the answer but are we in for him ?

Taylor is walking in to that team unchallenged. If we fail to sign another quality striker then Taylor could go goalless in the next 6, 8, 10 games and still be picked. It’s all wrong. He has zero pressure on his place and his performance today looked like it - poor touch, indecisive with a couple of chances and looked like he couldn’t really be arsed to press.
And then it becomes the Jamie Mackie scenario all over again.

That's fair enough.i would like Taylor, Stockton, baldock and could settle for one of our own youth I suppose how will we know if there good enough if we don't try them.
We did against either West Brom or Coventry, and even the Asst Manager who did the post match interview commented on what he needs to doo to improve. He kept runninto dead ends or actually into the player. A solid loan playing every week is needed to allow him to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom