Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clear this up for me. I thought we had a one year option on Elliot Moore. Or did I get that wrong.

Didn’t realise that Pompey taking inspiration from our recruitment model basically just meant - checks notes - stealing our Head of Recruitment.

Well failing at, as well as failing to attract the equivalent chaps from Forest Green and Cambridge Utd.

James Gibbons playing very well in a back 3 for port vale, usually a fullback. Few marauding runs forward looking good on the ball. Only 24 wouldn't mind him or someone similar. Bet he makes a daft mistake after a good start now!

James Gibbons playing very well in a back 3 for port vale, usually a fullback. Few marauding runs forward looking good on the ball. Only 24 wouldn't mind him or someone similar. Bet he makes a daft mistake after a good start now!
He's from Stoke so likely loyal to Vale

Think we should try and sign James Wilson from Vale if they fail to go up. Only 26 and ran Swindon ragged last night at times. Would be great competition for Taylor and Baldock.

Think we should try and sign James Wilson from Vale if they fail to go up. Only 26 and ran Swindon ragged last night at times. Would be great competition for Taylor and Baldock.
We do need a third competent striker since we play best with two up top and Taylor and Baldock cannot play every minute of every game.

Last edited:
We do need a third component striker since we play best with two up top and Taylor and Baldock cannot play every minute of every game.
What's a component striker? Brown will spend some time up there too I reckon but would like us to sign a more physical striker. A younger player than those two.

Taylor and Baldock obviously have different attributes they can bring, but they are broadly similar strikers. If we get one or two more in I hope at least one is a physical target man who can hold the ball up allowing the others to play off. The promoted teams proved this season having a target man allows you to go route one if you need to without launching the ball straight back to the opposition. You can play directly into their final third and start playing football from your target man hold up play and knock downs etc.

Another striker who offers a bit of pace will also be useful when we're seeing games out.

Taylor and Baldock obviously have different attributes they can bring, but they are broadly similar strikers. If we get one or two more in I hope at least one is a physical target man who can hold the ball up allowing the others to play off. The promoted teams proved this season having a target man allows you to go route one if you need to without launching the ball straight back to the opposition. You can play directly into their final third and start playing football from your target man hold up play and knock downs etc.

Another striker who offers a bit of pace will also be useful when we're seeing games out.
Tom Eaves looks an ideal target for this? I think KR was keen before his move to Hull?
I then think the manager will see Browne as the latter option providing the pace. Although personally I would rather see him playing behind the front two.

Tom Eaves looks an ideal target for this? I think KR was keen before his move to Hull?
I then think the manager will see Browne as the latter option providing the pace. Although personally I would rather see him playing behind the front two.
Tom Eaves is a fantastic target man striker at League One level, would be very happy if we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom