Away Match Day Thread 27/01/2024 L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
250k wouldn’t get close, player of the year last year

It would get over the line.

He’s told Rovers he wants out! They won’t want to keep an unhappy player. £250k would be enough.

Collins is a good player at this level.

Feels as if we're settling in for a period of stasis, where we're pretty sure we've hired the wrong man, but we'll commit to it for longer than we might otherwise because of the outlay and the fact he's an Oxford boy.

I guess if he really is the wrong man then it would be better for us long-term if he was to be a colossal failure and leave the board no choice.

Definitely not going to get angry with Des though. The board put us here, and I'm as discontent with the running of our football club as I have been in fifteen years.

Anyway, let's get behind the boys. When was the last time we won from two down? No better day...

He’s told Rovers he wants out! They won’t want to keep an unhappy player. £250k would be enough.

They wanted £2m for him when Stoke were sniffing in the summer. Be amazed if that’s the asking price but I’d have him all day long.

Mind you, you could have Salah up there, until we work out how to move the ball to our forwards in space it’s a pointless exercise. We’re all over the place.

Absolute f*****g nonsense.

Has a squad he's had almost no impact in building and completely limited in terms of tactics by only having one wide player and one striker fit for this level available.
Who would have been the other striker GoD? As Goodwin is the only striker he’s acquired you know the one on the treatment table, sorry Des not for me

We constantly get the ball with our backs to goal and then pass it back where it came from!

Just HOW are we trying to get forward? Wide on the wings? No. Passing it through the middle? No. A hopeful occasional punt up to an isolated striker against two big defenders? Yep. It is Sunday League stuff (and that's being rude to Sunday League footballers) - we haven't been anywhere near their keeper yet!
That’s the bloody coaches for you.

Definitely a good player, in fact player of the year for the league last year. If Brannagan asked out would you take 250k?

Would people have take paying a fee for a DM (Conteh, say) if it meant we couldn't have signed Goodwin? I think I'd probably be in favour, though it's not an easy one to answer, I confess, as we're also very light up top.

Back
Top Bottom