Home Match Build Up 29/12/2021 L1: OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheltenham a big doubt for Saturday now after calling off their game with MK tomorrow so hopefully more fans commit to coming to the game tomorrow with it being the only game over this festive period

Last edited:
I'm waiting till tomorrow before I commit to buying a ticket, I was at a relatives house on Xmas day who later tested positive on boxing day, as of yet I haven't shown any symptoms or had a lateral flow come back positive.
Good luck

In terms of dot counting, might we expect more fans than usual to pay on the night given the very many Covid related postponements recently?

We better enjoy the game tomorrow because from the noises coming out of the Cheltenham & Lincoln camps, we may not have another game for a while!

One thing I was idly wondering - how many OUFC players have not yet tested positive/had Covid? It feels like most of the squad was caught in one or other of the two waves (one before Wigan (A), and the other before Wigan (H)).

I know the studies show that having the disease doesn't give you permanent immunity, but it should protect you for a few months at least. Perhaps we're past the stage of having Covid postponements caused by our side, or is that wishful thinking?

8000 at Chesterfield today with 800 from Halifax… interested to see how many turn up for us when we’re sat in the league 1 play offs.. you’d think Wimbledon will bring close to 1,000..

We better enjoy the game tomorrow because from the noises coming out of the Cheltenham & Lincoln camps, we may not have another game for a while!

One thing I was idly wondering - how many OUFC players have not yet tested positive/had Covid? It feels like most of the squad was caught in one or other of the two waves (one before Wigan (A), and the other before Wigan (H)).

I know the studies show that having the disease doesn't give you permanent immunity, but it should protect you for a few months at least. Perhaps we're past the stage of having Covid postponements caused by our side, or is that wishful thinking?

There were at least 3 positive cases pre-season including Sam Long, Luke McNally (I think), and Steve Seddon was positive before arriving. 7 more before Wigan, including (I think, again) Eastwood, Moore, Sykes, Taylor, Forde and Mous. Then a few more against Wigan at home, but unsure who was positive and who was isolating.

Sure that we were also told that McGuane and Whyte were also positive at some point. So assuming that Cam and/or Kane were positive for Wigan at home, we've lost most of our squad at some stage or another.

As long as the players have given their consent, that’s fine. But they do deserve a right to confidentiality wherever possible in my view.
I'm sure they have as most have been openly discussed by Robinson and others within the club. It was openly reported from numerous sources that Seddons deal was delayed due to testing positive. Sam Long didn't start the season due to ongoing fitness issues as a result of covid. Those that missed Wigan away were all reported by Robinson and mentioned in subsequent interviews with various players and staff.

And there has been nothing to suggest players are unhappy about any of these disclosures. In fact, there has been praise for unity within the club throughout this period so hard to believe that several players are disgruntled by any of this.

There was also an outbreak in the squad before Wednesday away if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom