Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2021 L1: OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane, Brannagan and Sykes looks a top midfield three. Possibly the best in L1.

Whyte is coming into form - although he badly needs a goal - and Williams
and Holland are vying for the wide left berth. With Taylor scoring for fun our front six looks very strong.

Henry will have his work cut out to get back in after he recovers from his calf strain I would think.

Anyone who didn’t bother going because they don’t like the manager or the ground really missed a fantastic night. We’ve got one of the best and most exciting teams I’ve seen in yellow. Henry and Holland won’t get straight back in but will have a role to play later as people get injuries or suspensions.

Ok, you were right.
I didn't see them pump a high ball up to Palmer all game.
Assuming that's a dig at me. Yep, they did knock the ball forward a few times but it was hardly a old style Wimbledon barrage and quite often Palmer was dropping short to try and make space (which he couldn't because he was snapped at every time), or even the Wigan backs banging the ball into the corners at every opportunity. Part of Wimbledon's many problems came from trying to play the ball out, which they were s**t at. In fact, almost everything they did was s**t.

A poor team with self-righteous fans. As OY says elsewhere, hopefully on the way down. Amazing that it's taken 15 years for them to realise we only have 3 stands, which they obviously comment on from the superiority of their new pre-fab.

"Didn’t expect anything from tonight and wasn’t disappointed. The only thing confirmed tonight is that Karl Robinson is a man with no class and is still an arrogant goading scouse ***t."

A comment from the Wimbledon forum. KR goaded them apparently, never mind they were chanting abusive stuff at him first!! The author really needs to get a tougher skin if waving at them is "goading".
Sadly it's not that long ago since we saw similar comments on here about Robinson. Fortunately they appeal to have retreated back into the woodwork but a bad run of results and they'll be back with all their Gobbo crap!

Sadly it's not that long ago since we saw similar comments on here about Robinson. Fortunately they appeal to have retreated back into the woodwork but a bad run of results and they'll be back with all their Gobbo crap!
Considering the abuse he gets, Robinson has been fairly restrained in his reactions. I'm not sure I wouldn't be making my thoughts a little clearer in his position.

The chants (including some sort of paedo reference last night), the 'Robinson Is A c**t' banner and being abused by a steward at Kingsmeadow (the latter two being in his time at Charlton I think), yes, a classy bunch of fans.

Kane, Brannagan and Sykes looks a top midfield three. Possibly the best in L1.

Whyte is coming into form - although he badly needs a goal - and Williams
and Holland are vying for the wide left berth. With Taylor scoring for fun our front six looks very strong.

Henry will have his work cut out to get back in after he recovers from his calf strain I would think.

It would be nice for Whyte to get a goal - rather than extending his current run of missed sitters - but as someone (I think it was Rosie?) pointed out on RadOx.....if he keeps providing a couple of glorious assists every game, then any goals on top of that are a bonus. He's already doing his job and contributing.

What a luxury we may soon have to have James Henry coming off the bench for the last 30 if we're in need of a goal - or even if we just need a cool head to run the clock down. Think every team in League One would envy us that.

(but, we're still in big trouble if either Matty Taylor or Steve Seddon were to pick up a long-term injury, so that's where we should be focusing next month)

It would be nice for Whyte to get a goal - rather than extending his current run of missed sitters - but as someone (I think it was Rosie?) pointed out on RadOx.....if he keeps providing a couple of glorious assists every game, then any goals on top of that are a bonus. He's already doing his job and contributing.

What a luxury we may soon have to have James Henry coming off the bench for the last 30 if we're in need of a goal - or even if we just need a cool head to run the clock down. Think every team in League One would envy us that.

(but, we're still in big trouble if either Matty Taylor or Steve Seddon were to pick up a long-term injury, so that's where we should be focusing next month)
If we picked up good back-up for both of these, I think that would almost guarantee play-offs barring a disaster run of form or spell of injuries.

That punch looks so strong that I wouldn't be surprised if Williams hit the Roofe afterwards.

I reckon Roofe could handle himself if needed.

c85293df4a0390dbc0c916d30d75a4a0.jpg

Good performance tonight, in my opinion no stand out performances just solid 7s and 8s all over the park and that was all that was needed to beat them. We have a few more gears we can go through.

Think Taylor's goal may have been ruled offside if we had VAR in league one! View attachment 7689
I think No3 was playing him on. Lino directly in line.

A bad run of results? I think u mean one poor performance and they’ll be back, it doesn’t take a run of performances. Look at the hysterics after the Bristol rovers game from some on here and social media, it’s embarrassing.

I think that Taylor would be a far bigger miss than Seddon.
We would definitely miss Seddon but Long could fill in adequately and Forde has proved to be pretty reliable except against the best wife men at this level.
If Taylor was out for long, we would be in real trouble. We certainly need a big upgrade in Agyei and Winnall.

A bad run of results? I think u mean one poor performance and they’ll be back, it doesn’t take a run of performances. Look at the hysterics after the Bristol rovers game from some on here and social media, it’s embarrassing.
KR did say yesterday that we will have a poor run at some stage and it is really important at that stage to get behind the team.
To be fair the majority of fans are good, but there will no doubt be the hysterics from some

What a performance! What a privilege it is to be able to watch us play like that. A couple of thoughts. Can Henry even get back in this team? We seem to be playing a bit better without him unfortunately, and while he has been an excellent servant to the club, perhaps we should be looking at moving him on in January to free up quite a hefty wage. He's not getting any younger. I'd love to see him stay, but we can't have any passengers if we want a promotion push.

It almost seems has if McGuane has been trained to play with a higher level of player. He did an amazing reverse pass in the area that nobody read. Perhaps if he was playing with premiership players, they would have read that and he would be receiving the plaudits for a very clever pass. He's going to have to think less intelligently if he wants to be successful at this level and try and keep it a bit simpler.

What a performance! What a privilege it is to be able to watch us play like that. A couple of thoughts. Can Henry even get back in this team? We seem to be playing a bit better without him unfortunately, and while he has been an excellent servant to the club, perhaps we should be looking at moving him on in January to free up quite a hefty wage. He's not getting any younger. I'd love to see him stay, but we can't have any passengers if we want a promotion push.

It almost seems has if McGuane has been trained to play with a higher level of player. He did an amazing reverse pass in the area that nobody read. Perhaps if he was playing with premiership players, they would have read that and he would be receiving the plaudits for a very clever pass. He's going to have to think less intelligently if he wants to be successful at this level and try and keep it a bit simpler.

I’ve been one of Henry’s biggest fans and still think he’s a brilliant player at this level. However, I’d love him to be an impact player for the rest of this season. Bring him on with half and hour to go and you’d fancy him to score or assist in a lot of games. He does love a late winner recently too.

There's absolutely no way we should be looking to move Henry on in January! Sheffield Wednesday and Doncaster alone has seen us gain 4 points due to late winners, plus his hatrick again Lincoln.

Henry still has a huge role to play, whether starting or playing an impact role off the bench. With Sykes almost playing in the no.10 role we have the option to bring Henry on for a like for like replacement, or to replace Whyte on the right as an experienced head to tighten things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom