Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Difficult one - maybe if the price (contract etc) was right - being released by the Hammers would be a wake up call
The thing is, I don't for a moment think that Holland was not trying his best last season so I'm not sure such a kick up the bum will make much difference.

Holland looks like a player that needs to bulk up. He's got loads of technical ability (that's not in question), but just needs more of an edge.

We've seen some really powerful wingers do really well at this level in recent times. Mallik Wilks is a great example.

The thing is, I don't for a moment think that Holland was not trying his best last season so I'm not sure such a kick up the bum will make much difference.

Don't forget it was his first real season of men's football rather than just a few games as his previous spell was with us.

Don't forget it was his first real season of men's football rather than just a few games as his previous spell was with us.

He's 23! Not 15!

I'm all for cutting a bit of slack, but surely by the age of 23 a professional footballer should be physically up to being, err, a professional footballer - and be fully developed and able to deal with whatever that entails regardless of how much football he has played at a given level.

He's 24 in June!!
If he hasn't played much 'mens' football at that age I think that tells you something.

(Gorgeous) George Baldock called up to the Greek squad .... in Uefa nations league tornament he may be lining up against fellow former U's lonees, Whyte & Brown, when Greece play NI ? ....

We always knew he was an Adonis 😍

Crocombe and Ryan Taylor into the Conference Final.
Taylor with a goal, too.

I hope the Grimsby fans give him pelters like ours used to. The nerve on him, being a decent footballer with a good touch who offers an outlet for teams to play off. Good riddance!

Taylor with a goal, too.

I hope the Grimsby fans give him pelters like ours used to. The nerve on him, being a decent footballer with a good touch who offers an outlet for teams to play off. Good riddance!

The mood music definitely softened over time with Ryan Taylor on here. Once people realised that he wasn’t a tall, target man to lob high balls up to but a useful forward who could pivot to bring others in, he came to be well liked. If anything, we kind of missed him towards the end of the 2015-16 season. We could have done with him as an option.

Anyways, wishing him and Crocombe well in the playoff final.

Taylor with a goal, too.

Certain football fans in thick-as-mince shocker.

The mood music definitely softened over time with Ryan Taylor on here. Once people realised that he wasn’t a tall, target man to lob high balls up to but a useful forward who could pivot to bring others in, he came to be well liked.
Not on certain sections of the terraces he didn’t. Some of the things our own so called fans would shout at him were vile, right up until he left.

Jordan Bowery about to be on the losing side in the L2 play-off final.

We’ll always have Fratton.

Back
Top Bottom