General Fans Forum 12/12/2022

What do you mean an answer? I thought they said they will submit in March if Council decide in January to lease to us.
There'll be a decision in March regarding planning permission, that's what I thought I heard

I might be hearing things. But didn't they say SB couldn't happen because of time constraints with KPC still holding the lease? I wasn't there tonight but I'm led to believe SB is off the table and has been for around 3 months.

From memory only they said it was an option a couple of times but that The Triangle was the far easier/more straightforward option as opposed to the difficulties of SB. The comments about TT certainly came across as the most positive option for the club though from their answers.

Did I miss all the questions about stadium progress and going on the offensive regarding FoSB misinformation etc??

That's the important issue, most of the other stuff was just team and players chat that is widely known already and been spoken about before.
The stadium was discussed at the start of the forum.

Yes that's the bit where it was quiet. Hopefully @Sarge Or @bazzer9461 will let us know what was said.
SB is still on the table. A decision on the triangle should be made on the 24th January.‘no leases on the land completely owned by the county council so a decision should be forthcoming coming.

SB is still on the table. A decision on the triangle should be made on the 24th January.‘no leases on the land completely owned by the county council so a decision should be forthcoming coming.

Am I missing something?

If SB is still on the table then why are we we pursuing the triangle and gearing up to putting a planning application in March?

What was said about countering the negatives coming out of KPC and FoSB Oxford mail. I couldn't hear questions or answers
I did ask about the triangle and what was to stop FOSB from causing a challenge to the triangle plan and the reply we got was that Oxford county council own the land and that a decision would be made on the 24th January. Nothing further about FOSB or other anti OUFC groups.

There'll be a decision in March regarding planning permission, that's what I thought I heard
They basically said that the planning approval would need to be completed by the end of March (2023), to meet the timeframe to move into new stadium for the 2026/27 season.

So approval on January (24th), for the go ahead by OCC, then basically 2 months to get the planning submission approved.

Between now and 24th January, the architects need to amend the plans that had been drafted for Stratfield Brake (SB) to assess the viability of The Triangle (TT). Talking to Grant afterwards, the barriers to overcome at SB are too onerous and would potentially not meet our timeframe (August 2026). Also asked about the sustainability re; revenue streams for the TT option, but Grant said they were still evaluating this, so based upon these answers I think the option as truly come in at the 11th hour and is our only option😬

I guess this is why Jerome mentioned the next few months are crucial for the club!!

The Triangle gives the opportunity to get planning for the stadium by the end of the first quarter (March 23) on time to enable us to move in for the beginning of the 26/27 season. SB enables us to expand the project further and increase community services and revenue streams. The Triangle is now the priority but SB is not off the table for longer term development.

Smyth and Jones did have planned moves, but a number of deals to bring replacements in fell through so their moves were stopped. Of all the issues through the transfer window, the decision to stop these moves were the least controversial!

Any reason why? I actually thought for a change he came across quite well and didn’t dodge questions and also admitted mistakes and took responsibility on things like the Murphy signing.
You could see from the panel which were Tim, Grant and Niall of the board seemingly satisfied with KR.

The Triangle gives the opportunity to get planning for the stadium by the end of the first quarter (March 23) on time to enable us to move in for the beginning of the 26/27 season. SB enables us to expand the project further and increase community services and revenue streams. The Triangle is now the priority but SB is not off the table for longer term development.

Oh I get it now. The stadium built on the triangle and try for SB to maybe take on the lease and build extra facilities on there while improving the facilities for the sports clubs who occupy the site.

Back
Top Bottom