General Fans Forum - Kassam Stadium - 7th March @ 6.30pm

"We thank the stadium company for providing the room for the forum free of charge."

This bit stood out.
"The bar will be open and tea and coffee will be available for purchase as well as the usual bar drinks."

That's the other salient part!

Lovely, I shall email @OxVox with a couple of questions as they are our recognised, democratic supporters Trust.

Why are the "On the Ground/Day to Day" Club Management so ham-fisted in dealing with their "customers"?
We understand the board have many business interests - how much time do they spend on OUFC matters?
Communication and engagement seems to be at an all time low - why?
What is the Clubs plan for a FAB/CAB? The supporters should hold a majority as it is a FANS advisory board.
Would the Club support a German 50+1 model? As the Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said in 2016. "And if he gets the feeling that he's no longer regarded as a fan but instead as a customer, we'll have a problem."

That`ll do. :)

I can’t go but if I did I would stand up and ask for a show up hands “who has full faith in Tim’s ability to run OUFC?” The fact that no one will raise their hand will surely put Tim in his place.

I can’t go but if I did I would stand up and ask for a show up hands “who has full faith in Tim’s ability to run OUFC?” The fact that no one will raise their hand will surely put Tim in his place.
That would immediately waste the opportunity of asking questions. I get that there are concerns about communication and strategic oversight, but what specific part of Tim’s specific job do you think he’s doing badly?

That would immediately waste the opportunity of asking questions. I get that there are concerns about communication and strategic oversight, but what specific part of Tim’s specific job do you think he’s doing badly?
I would reverse that and ask which part is being done well.

I would reverse that and ask which part is being done well.
Well, that may be right, I don't know what his job description is. We seem to be lacking at least one person as he's a money man and the chairman seems more of a nominal figurehead. But my point was that questions have to be specific.

Does this mean planning will go in before? All the recent PR, and now this? Doubt Tim would want to face the crowds otherwise!

Does this mean planning will go in before? All the recent PR, and now this? Doubt Tim would want to face the crowds otherwise!
Considering we were told it would be going in around October/November time it would be a pretty spectacular own goal if it hadn't by the time they finally face the fans. I wouldn't rule it out mind.

Every fans forum a few fans waste critical time asking redundant questions about infield matters. There are far more important questions than whether we are buying a new right back or why a gentleman’s agreement was signed for Dale.

Please refrain and focus on structural off field matters.

Every fans forum a few fans waste critical time asking redundant questions about infield matters. There are far more important questions than whether we are buying a new right back or why a gentleman’s agreement was signed for Dale.

Tim and Co will be more than happy to answer these kind of questions, need to grill them on the important stuff that's more difficult to answer.

Great news! How nice of the stadium company to let us use the stadium free of charge, such a wholesome caring bunch

There is no reason why fans cannot ask any question they wish. Whether that is considered time wasting or not is relative to the person asking the question. Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion, questions should be duplicated to OxVox and OUSP in order that they all get presented to the club?
After all, 1 1/2 hours goes very quickly and sadly, knowing how these things work out, I would expect Tim Williams to take up a large amount of time telling us all what a wonderful job the board are doing.

I have faith that those attending will be well prepared with questions of a probing and investigative nature. No wish to make the respondents squirm but, they have to acknowledge that we are more than just "customers" and do know what we are talking about.

I daresay that more than a few of us, who know each other, will gather and collate our questions to avoid duplication but also to ensure we get as many as possible set before the club's representatives.

There is no reason why fans cannot ask any question they wish. Whether that is considered time wasting or not is relative to the person asking the question.

I have faith that those attending will be well prepared with questions of a probing and investigative nature.

Indeed. It’s also relative to the rest of us too. Of course they can ask questions the majority of us might deem wasteful. That’s their choice. I’m just expressing my preference to them.

From experience your faith is misplaced. There will be at least 2-3 ridiculous questions based on historical precedent.

Back
Top Bottom