General Fans Forum - Kassam Stadium - 7th March @ 6.30pm

Having just read those CAB rules of engagement I would suggest OUSP and OxVox tell the club where to go.

The clearest sign yet of the club trying to control and neuter the fans.

100%.

It will be a f*****g disgrace if it’s supported in my eyes.

I know @OxVox will do the right thing.

Not so sure about OUSP.

My understating is that OUSP agreed a MoU upon its formation, where only matters of genuine safeguarding could reasonably be asked to be kept confidential. Beyond that, keeping secrets from the fan base and indulging in off the record discussions is essentially unconstitutional. @Manorlounger will know more than I do on this as he basically wrote the thing. In the event that the FAB is formed, does this potential confidentiality policy contradict, threaten or undermine the existing OUSP MoU?

It’s all interpretational and can be argued to mean pretty much whatever they want it to mean. It’s purposefully vague while attempting to position itself as binding.

This CAB proposal seems little more than a ploy to limit the independence and to control the remits of the existing fan committees and trusts. There is no purpose in this what so ever other than to strengthen the hand of the club and exert control over others by way of confidentiality.
Agree with all of this. @RyanioBirdio contacted me for clarification and what he has stated is all correct. The MoU is available for anyone to read should they wish here.

I can see absolutely no reason to duplicate the work of OxVox and OUSP. Unless, the club, in the form of Williams and Benson, are seeking to control any form of criticism or dissent by the fanbase. OxVox already deal with a lot of "confidential" material, OUSP, to the best of my knowledge (and certainly from the documentation I helped write) do not deal with confidential matters. Neither has an issue with this status quo.
Both supporter groups, to the best of my knowledge, are opposed to this new FAB. Both are handling the situation with a very wary but diplomatic stand-off.

The FSA have a template for what they term a Supporter Advisory Board (SAB) Details here.
A lot of the phraseology used is similar to the OUSP MoU with very good reason, that was the basis for the OUSP. Problem was, those of us involved in the set up wanted something better and more defined and, very importantly, it was felt to be paramount that the panel remained independent of the club with an equally defined relationship with the club. At the time, the club appeared pleased and surprised at the amount of effort put into the set up. That may have changed, but then, I'm no longer part of the panel.

The general makeup of already established FAB/CAB models is as below.

"The FAB will meet independently without club representation on a monthly basis. All meeting minutes will be made available to the wider fanbase once approved at the subsequent FAB meeting.

There are already several established FAB/CAB out there.......... this is what one does...........

"Additionally, the FAB will meet with ***** Football Club executives on at least a quarterly basis, with guaranteed attendance of a representative from the ***** Board of Directors at all meetings. A public record outlining discussions at each meeting will be made available via Club and Fan Advisory Board channels. "

Under the Terms of Reference , the FAB operates independently and is consulted on:

• ***** strategic vision and objectives;
  • Any proposals relating to ***** heritage;
  • ******* plans for broader supporter engagement;
  • Escalation, as agreed, of issues from organisations and supporter groups that engage in separate structured dialogue with the Club;
  • ****** stadium relocation and the subsequent ****** Legacy Project;
  • Finance and revenue generation; and
  • Governance, regulation and compliance"

So much the same as you operate now, with OxVox holding a place in the meetings, and club representatives attending quarterly meetings, however the FAB/CAB noted above takes on issues that OxVox currently do independently (questioning governance etc)

But no, the existence of a club construct isn`t weakening the fans voice in any way or form..................... and you can`t see it.

I hate to quote myself but this was posted before OxVox released the CAB structure and ToE.

Well I never............. look what we got. 🤷‍♂️

Just thought I’d put this out there

Are there others out there like me who aren’t in love with the club I’ve supported for over 50 years.

By that I don’t mean the awful run of results, there have been plenty of times that has happened, but generally with the running of the club .

I should be ecstatic that plans have gone in for a new ground yet a large part of me now thinks we are about to enter a Kassam Mark 2 era.

Having met Tim Williams I was very underwhelmed and saw a money man sitting before me,as for Ferguson do we ever see him.

Mr Bakrie seems a decent bloke but I have to wonder why he is putting millions of pounds into a venture that he can’t hope to see any return on.

I don’t like the way the fans are being treated and only given lip service.

I can’t make the Fans Forum as I am away but I would love to know what you all think the general atmosphere around Williams,Ferguson and Benson is.

Hope I get over this feeling but ………… we shall see.

Are there others out there like me who aren’t in love with the club I’ve supported for over 50 years.

By that I don’t mean the awful run of results, there have been plenty of times that has happened, but generally with the running of the club .

I should be ecstatic that plans have gone in for a new ground yet a large part of me now thinks we are about to enter a Kassam Mark 2 era.

Having met Tim Williams I was very underwhelmed and saw a money man sitting before me,as for Ferguson do we ever see him.

Mr Bakrie seems a decent bloke but I have to wonder why he is putting millions of pounds into a venture that he can’t hope to see any return on.

I can’t make the Fans Forum as I am away but I would love to know what you all think the general atmosphere around Williams,Ferguson and Benson is.

Have you not read the forum recently?

Its page after page of anti-Williams/Ferguson/Benson rage.

You can still love your club but be dismayed how it is being run - the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Larry

Rage yes but I have fallen out of love with OUFC

It happens but the lure pulls you back in eventually.

2007-08 I definitely felt disconnected. A season of nothingness in the Conference. Likewise 2012-13 just felt like a season I couldn't wait for the end of. To some extent, this one feels like that too. Results aren't great and fans are bored of waiting for stuff to happen - be it on the pitch or off it. The atmosphere at games is so dreadful at present. Who are the chant starters and why aren't people joining in?

Maybe I'm putting a lot of eggs in one basket but I really hope that the fans' forum next week and planning permission going in can spark the fanbase up again.

I`ll be 50 years in next year and can`t remember such a dull malaise engulfing the club.

If we had cark football we often had "behind the scenes" optimism.

If we had cark "behind the scenes" we had football that was exciting.

If we had cark "behind the scenes" AND on the pitch there was still fervour, noise and hope.

Now we have dullness - a dull bunch of accountants "in charge" who don`t seem to like us, a somewhat dull but doubtless talented team, a dull, pro-longed planning process with no apparent fail safe and a stadium akin to mortuary.

If nothing changes in any of that then expect the apathy to be self generating.............

I`ll be 50 years in next year and can`t remember such a dull malaise engulfing the club.

If we had cark football we often had "behind the scenes" optimism.

If we had cark "behind the scenes" we had football that was exciting.

If we had cark "behind the scenes" AND on the pitch there was still fervour, noise and hope.

Now we have dullness - a dull bunch of accountants "in charge" who don`t seem to like us, a somewhat dull but doubtless talented team, a dull, pro-longed planning process with no apparent fail safe and a stadium akin to mortuary.

If nothing changes in any of that then expect the apathy to be self generating.............
all grey away kit next season then?

What does MoU mean? And whilst we’re at it ToE (terms of engagement?!)

What does MoU mean? And whilst we’re at it ToE (terms of engagement?!)
A Memorandum of Understanding is an agreement between two or more parties outlined in a formal document. It is not necessarily legally binding, which depends on the signatories' intent and the language in the agreement, but signals the willingness of the parties to move forward with a contract.

Back
Top Bottom