General Fuel Prices

£159.9 for petrol E10 at Sutton Courtney ngaragebandbrhatbgaragebwasnone of the cheapest in Oxfordshire. I bet when this is all over and things do get back to normal, I bet the fuel prices won’t go below £1.50 a litre again.

Even Google translate has had a meltdown.

• React
Reactions: QR
Hmm. On one thread people are complaining the Uk is not doing enough for Ukraine. On another complaining the fuel prices are going up. They are going up because there is less available fuel because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Maybe paying more at the pump could be considered doing your bit for Ukraine?
You can obviously be concerned about both!! Given the percentage of fuel pricing made up of tax duty, the government could easily lower the price by 20p a litre without any problems.

Hmm. On one thread people are complaining the Uk is not doing enough for Ukraine. On another complaining the fuel prices are going up. They are going up because there is less available fuel because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Maybe paying more at the pump could be considered doing your bit for Ukraine?

Its all good until it comes to "personal sacrifice" ergo paying a bit more for fuel. Then peoples morals become more "flexible" 🤷‍♀️

Its all good until it comes to "personal sacrifice" ergo paying a bit more for fuel. Then peoples morals become more "flexible" 🤷‍♀️
fuel on sale via roadside pump was bought by franchises/ distributers at much cheaper rates before the war started - profiteering that's what it is

Just driven back from Dorset, via Bristol and if folk drove properly they would use a lot less fuel.

And driving in lanes 2,3 or 4 when lane 1 is empty should be punished with strategically placed snipers.

Christ, there is some diabolical driving out there. :mad:

Just driven back from Dorset, via Bristol and if folk drove properly they would use a lot less fuel.

And driving in lanes 2,3 or 4 when lane 1 is empty should be punished with strategically placed snipers.

Im working today - from home

56mph in Lane 1 all the way on the motorway and dual carriageways ? Disengage engine going downhill to save fuel?

Not sure why 56mph is an important speed for fuel efficiency , perhaps it just an imperial conversion of metric fuel economy rates at 90kph.

56mph in Lane 1 all the way on the motorway and dual carriageways ? Disengage engine going downhill to save fuel?

Not sure why 56mph is an important speed for fuel efficiency , perhaps it just an imperial conversion of metric fuel economy rates at 90kph.

It's 56mph because manufacturers optimise the engine & drivetrain to produce the best economy at that speed because its the benchmark they use for all cars. Something about "urban cycle" if I recall.

Averaged 48mpg on the journey so not too shabby, mind you it was in the Juke and not my gas guzzler! :)

Let‘s hope there is enough money in the kitty to fuel up the positivity bus for the season run in 🙂.

Let‘s hope there is enough money in the kitty to fuel up the positivity bus for the season run in 🙂.
Need to be a large kitty to fill up the positive bus with the way prices are now and still rising.

It's 56mph because manufacturers optimise the engine & drivetrain to produce the best economy at that speed because its the benchmark they use for all cars. Something about "urban cycle" if I recall.

Averaged 48mpg on the journey so not too shabby, mind you it was in the Juke and not my gas guzzler! :)

The urban cycle is supposed to replicate driving in the urbs (city). The extra urban cycle is outside the urbs.

If I remember these are or were tested as a rolling road in a lab.

Though for some diesel manufacturers , there was a little bit of software to detect if they were on a test track / rolling road and adjust the engine to reduce the reported emissions.

Certainly no consistency about.
Just driven down to Portsmouth from Mid Wales. Diesel in Rhayader was 189.9, in Builth 169.9 and at Tesco Portsmouth 162.9.

Dorset - Sunday 160.9 a litre
Leicester - Today 151.8 a litre.

Both Morrisons stations.

Fortunately I filled the Guzzler up at this end. :)

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom