General Fuel Prices

I was considering taking the P**s a few days ago, but it's gone up here to $2:30/L which is #1.30. Still cheaper than UK but not by quite so much.

Here in the Netherlands the local pump price is €2.50 (£2.10). On the motorways price is now gone above €2.60 (£2.18).

Breaks my heart, and bank balance.

Here in the Netherlands the local pump price is €2.50 (£2.10). On the motorways price is now gone above €2.60 (£2.18).

Breaks my heart, and bank balance.
at least youve got few, if any, hills there in the flatlands @Malc

outrageous prices though ... higher, but almost the same as here in Oxford

Problem is that most of the price is tax. Including a 25 cent "temporary" tax back in the 80's that has never been removed!

Problem is that most of the price is tax. Including a 25 cent "temporary" tax back in the 80's that has never been removed!
similar levels of taxes, duty & levies on fuel in the UK too

Well, the Brent Crude price is back under $100/barrel. Lets see if the profiteering ****ers are as quick to cut prices as raise them :unsure:

I don't know if they are profiteering particularly but they will be if it doesn't come down as quickly.

Mind you, not quite as profiteering as Abramovich...
Paid $250million for the Russian government oil company Sibneft, conservatively estimated at being £2.7billion under value.
He then sold it for £13billion 10 years after buying it.

Last edited:
Another company Abramovich bought, there was an opposing bid from a Chinese company that was considerably higher. When the Chinese delegation were due to finalise the deal they went "missing" and stayed "missing" until their offer was withdrawn and the deal was signed with Abramovich. Abramovich's people say kidnap claims are "entirely unsubstantiated"

Mind you, not quite as profiteering as Abramovich...
Paid $250million for the Russian government oil company Sibneft, conservatively estimated at being £2.7billion under value.
He then sold it for £13billion 10 years after buying it.
There's a difference between profiteering and downright criminal activity

Just filled the work van up at Tesco Abingdon , Diesel £1.80 a litre. 😐😐 Esso on the roundabout £1.87 a litre. 🙄🙄🙄

Unleaded at Ada Wheatley £1.617 today

Back
Top Bottom