General Fuel Prices

Sainsburys at Heyford Hill fuel prices went up 5-6p a litre in the 20 min mins or so I popped in there

Its now

E10 unleaded £1.64.9
City diesel £1.80.9

Is that a bit of insider knowledge of a forthcoming cut to to fuel duty/ fuel vat seeing prices jacked up in advance?

And the best of it is the E10 is appalling fuel as it eats away the plastic and rubber components of the car. The 99 octane is much better but that is pushing £2.00 a litre now

For the first time since I moved over here, I paid more than $4 per gallon to fill up this morning. That's typically the tipping point at which America tends to lose its mind about petrol prices and view it as the harbinger of the apocalypse.

Course that still equates to about £0.8 per liter......so I keep telling people over here that they're still basically filling up their cars for free compared to Europe!

[but they all think I'm nuts anyway, because I drive a "tiny" Prius C, which gets me 60+mpg!]

And the best of it is the E10 is appalling fuel as it eats away the plastic and rubber components of the car. The 99 octane is much better but that is pushing £2.00 a litre now

Each bottle treats 250 litres.

For the first time since I moved over here, I paid more than $4 per gallon to fill up this morning. That's typically the tipping point at which America tends to lose its mind about petrol prices and view it as the harbinger of the apocalypse.

Course that still equates to about £0.8 per liter......so I keep telling people over here that they're still basically filling up their cars for free compared to Europe!

[but they all think I'm nuts anyway, because I drive a "tiny" Prius C, which gets me 60+mpg!]
Gee, you guys are so sweet with your gallons

Sainsburys at Heyford Hill fuel prices went up 5-6p a litre in the 20 min mins or so I popped in there

Its now

E10 unleaded £1.64.9
City diesel £1.80.9

Is that a bit of insider knowledge of a forthcoming cut to to fuel duty/ fuel vat seeing prices jacked up in advance?
5p 'off'/ reduction then ( tight bastard)

...definately seems there was an insider tip off to the fuel retailing industry!!! ( snakey bastard)

5p 'off'/ reduction then ( tight bastard)

...definately seems there was an insider tip off to the fuel retailing industry!!! ( snakey bastard)
I bet you won’t see much of that 5p at the pumps.

Back
Top Bottom