Ex Player Herbie Kane

Barnsley manager sacked this morning.

May mean that the new manager wants to look at Herbie in January, or may make it easier to get a deal done, as he'll want to get his own players in? It's a bit of a curved ball, but not totally unexpected, although obviously the player will have a say in where he wants to play.
Let’s hope Herbie Kane isn’t in the new Barnsley managers plans

I heard yesterday that Kane’s supposed to be going back to Barnsley as new manager wants to see all loan players. Not sure how true it is though, but might explain why he didn’t play in cup game.

I heard yesterday that Kane’s supposed to be going back to Barnsley as new manager wants to see all loan players. Not sure how true it is though, but might explain why he didn’t play in cup game.

He wouldn’t be able to go back until January, no? And KR mentioned that he had a tight muscle which is why he wasn’t risked, I thought?

With a new manager coming in there’s a fair chance he will return in January, all loans are from transfer window to transfer window at our level. Be a shame as he is a good player but that’s the risk of the loan system, you get better players than you would otherwise but they are only for the short term. Can’t compete at this level without using the loan system though so it’s a necessary problem.

He wouldn’t be able to go back until January, no? And KR mentioned that he had a tight muscle which is why he wasn’t risked, I thought?
Just what I heard from someone fairly close to the club, but could be wrong or January like another poster said. Shame if it is the case as he seemed to be settling in and strengthening the squad, but if Maguane can continue to get get back to match fitness hopefully it’s not as big of a loss if it does happen.

Barnsley don’t start their FA Cup campaign until January. Might not want him cup tied in the meantime if there’s any truth in it. Guess we’ll find out based on the replay.

Barnsley don’t start their FA Cup campaign until January. Might not want him cup tied in the meantime if there’s any truth in it. Guess we’ll find out based on the replay.
Not sure we will unless he plays. If he doesn't, the 'rested due to three tough upcoming league games in 8 days' statement could be plausibly used

Will he stay.. 😬
Yes I'm sure he will. The feeling was that he'd looked good at league one level but hadn't made the step up to the Championship. Barnsley are struggling, but I don't think they see Kane as the answer to their problems.

It would be great to think that we could do a permanent deal, but he's half way through a very good contract and we won't be matching his wages.

I think it's far more likely that he'll remain on loan with us for the whole season with a permanent deal agreed for the summer.

Yes I'm sure he will. The feeling was that he'd looked good at league one level but hadn't made the step up to the Championship. Barnsley are struggling, but I don't think they see Kane as the answer to their problems.

It would be great to think that we could do a permanent deal, but he's half way through a very good contract and we won't be matching his wages.

I think it's far more likely that he'll remain on loan with us for the whole season with a permanent deal agreed for the summer.
A lot of rumours of a recall

Not only does this chap know absolutely everything going on behind the scenes here but, apparently is the eyes and ears of Barnsley as well.

You have to laugh.

Happy Christmas all.

From where and from whom? Please share.

The only Barnsley rag had a story but iirc it was more speculation on the paper's part rather than a specific comment by the new manager/head coach (whatever is right).

Back
Top Bottom