iFollow

Browny

So we pay £4.49 per month for iFollow and the last video posted in the site was the Doncaster highlights from April 30

No interviews related to the players re-signing, no updates from the Spain trip, no interviews from the friendlies yet Banbury yesterday done an 8.5 minute interview with Karl Robinson

What have we paid for over the last 3 months ?

Not sure where you’re looking, but there have been updates and interviews on the iFollow service.

For instance, there are interviews with KR and Matty Taylor on the game with North Leigh.

Whether it gives value, that’s a valid question.

Since pre-season began on 23 June, I can see 1 or 2 videos posted on most days. A mix of interviews with KR, players and various backroom staff.

Would be surprised if there's anything on Ifollow outside of live games that cannot be seen or read about either on here or the Ox Mail or heard via Radio Oxford

Just looked on there, 23 videos posted since the season closed. Over 90 minutes of content from the likes of Dan Harris, the new scholars, fitness and training schedules and your usual stuff from Karl.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the content is there.

Would be surprised if there's anything on Ifollow outside of live games that cannot be seen or read about either on here or the Ox Mail or heard via Radio Oxford
They do have longer edits of the interviews with KR. Whether or not you can bear to listen to them, well that’s another question.

I need to check with iFollow then because there is nothing there for me. I have even installed and reinstalled to check there was not a problem.

Thanks for the confirmation, at least I know where to go now

I need to check with iFollow then because there is nothing there for me. I have even installed and reinstalled to check there was not a problem.

Thanks for the confirmation, at least I know where to go now
Depending on where you're looking but there are plenty there by going through the oufc site

Very good article in the Athletic today about streaming and I - follow

I notice that this season the only option for subscribing to iFollow is £45 a year and no £5 option to sub monthly just to watch interviews etc…

Well I quite liked that qpr thing with the goals and a bit of chat. Also they havent asked me for any more money yet......

Not sure if there's a more recent thread.

But notice the new analyst video was straight to youtube with no version on ifollow, likewise the recent "inside training", Mark Harris Q&A video etc.

The iFollow content other than the pre-match interviews and post-match interviews, which also go on to YouTube has completely dropped off.

The monthly subscription has literally become for the Radio Oxford audio on matchdays as iFollow specific.
I notice it is advertised within the description that sits alongside payment history on your account as
"Spread the cost of your audio pass and enjoy the season one month at a time. - Live match audio - Match highlights - Behind the scenes content - Club newsletter"

Well the highlights end up on YouTube, behind the scenes content ends up on YouTube and I assume the club newsletter goes to everyone on the mailing list anyway?
The iFollow only content has basically ceased in terms of exclusive interviews, and the games/preview show type stuff that was done historically.

Assume this is all around Brand Oxford and the communication style.

You get access to full match reruns which I guess is a potential perk.

But I think I'll be stopping my monthly payment to wait and see what is lined up for next season, especially with the changes to the EFL TV deal that are fast approaching.

Be interesting to see if our new Head of Media addition from Celtic has any grand plans for iFollow or club YouTube/TV output.
Think he starts in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I think the output on iFollow has always been pretty poor, I cancelled two seasons ago, seems that the content is now non-existent, wonder how much interaction you'd need on YouTube to make up the loss of iFollow funds.

Back
Top Bottom