Manager/Coach Karl Robinson.

As predicted KR missed out on November L1 manager of the month.... Danny Cowley won it

Portsmouth played more games than us in November so, of course they'd gotten more points!

Personally, I'm surprised they didn't give it to Leam Richardson after the Charlie Wyke incident.

If he didn't win it last January after winning nine straight games, then he never will...

It does amaze me that since the last time an Oxford manager won it we have been promoted from league 2 and reached the league 1 play offs 2 years in a row so you’d think either Appleton or Robinson would of won it along the way at some point!

4 years having taken over from Clotet.
Some don't appear to like him, but we have played some teriffic football, made the play offs twice ( I think that if we make the play offs this season it will be the biggest achievement) , and his work during the pandemic and for the club generally most would think highly of.

His appointment was the longest wait ever. Probably why it was so anti climax at the time!

Great appointment and a really good person overall to be managing the club.

4 years having taken over from Clotet.
Some don't appear to like him, but we have played some teriffic football, made the play offs twice ( I think that if we make the play offs this season it will be the biggest achievement) , and his work during the pandemic and for the club generally most would think highly of.

Why would you think it the biggest achievement if we made the play offs this year?

Popular opinion suggests that our budget this season is bigger than ever.

I guess the competition is greater this year? With a higher points total likely to be needed.

Yes, it looks like the latter will be the case.

It wasn't meant as a leading or dismissive question btw.

Why would you think it the biggest achievement if we made the play offs this year?

Popular opinion suggests that our budget this season is bigger than ever.
My view is that it is a far tougher Division.
The points total (almost always 75 pints is enough) could be 80 points this season.
We have I believe 10 points more than this time last year but are nowhere near guaranteed the play offs.
I think that making the play offs is far harder than the previous 2 years.

My view is that it is a far tougher Division.
The points total (almost always 75 pints is enough) could be 80 points this season.
We have I believe 10 points more than this time last year but are nowhere near guaranteed the play offs.
I think that making the play offs is far harder than the previous 2 years.
Also it looks like you'll need a lot less than 50 points to stay up. It's getting like the premier league, a big gap between the top teams and the poorer ones, with a few tenacious mid tablers like Cheltenham / Southampton.

Although I wouldn't say "biggest achievement", making the playoff three times in a row would be a fantastic achievement - I can only think of Stoke and Lincoln that have done three back to back (I'm sure there are probably a couple of others, but they don't spring to mind, maybe Swansea?).

Don't underestimate the difficulty of keeping a squad of players motivated and winning over three campaigns, especially as you inevitably lose some of the better one's during it's course.

Also it looks like you'll need a lot less than 50 points to stay up. It's getting like the premier league, a big gap between the top teams and the poorer ones, with a few tenacious mid tablers like Cheltenham / Southampton.

There's little obvious logic to it though.

There's no reason why Doncaster should be significantly worse than Plymouth for example.

There's little obvious logic to it though.

There's no reason why Doncaster should be significantly worse than Plymouth for example.
There is more money and experience in the league this year than before, with big clubs spending a lot, but as you say Doncaster were pretty good a while back and Plymouth nothing special.

He's been well backed by the board and after Bakrie saying earlier this season he wants promotion in two tears, i.e by the end of 2022/23 season, he's got a free hit this season.

I'm happy with him as although Wilder and Appleton had achieved more after 4 years I feel Robinson had a far more difficult job trying to do it in a very competitive league one.

Back
Top Bottom