Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mousinho sounds more calm & measured than KR because he is more intelligent. KR rambles and blusters because he can't help himself. I've never heard a calm, consistent analysis from KR, whether of a game, of a player, or why he's failed to build a balanced squad. A lot of the football in the last three years has been great, but there's a very clear decline in the last 6-9 months. A 3+ goal defeat at Bolton should mean the end for KR. I'd be happy to see Mousinho take over as interim. You'll never know what he can do until he no longer has to report to KR.

Mousinho sounds more calm & measured than KR because he is more intelligent. KR rambles and blusters because he can't help himself. I've never heard a calm, consistent analysis from KR, whether of a game, of a player, or why he's failed to build a balanced squad. A lot of the football in the last three years has been great, but there's a very clear decline in the last 6-9 months. A 3+ goal defeat at Bolton should mean the end for KR. I'd be happy to see Mousinho take over as interim. You'll never know what he can do until he no longer has to report to KR.
PS. One of the things that winds me up most about KR is him droning on and on about how 'passionate'he is about the job. Who cares? I expect nothing less. I'm more interested in him being good at his job.

The reverse is true as well.

Some have such a dislike for Robinson they'll accept losing games to get rid of him.
Those people would have the last however many months of dreadful form, disappointment and bewildering squad building to back up their reasoning.

On the other side, they have fading memories of near-glory and some good ol' fashioned caring.

Those people would have the last however many months of dreadful form, disappointment and bewildering squad building to back up their reasoning.

On the other side, they have fading memories of near-glory and some good ol' fashioned caring.

The reasoning is understandable.

The reality of losing an undefined number of games to remove a member of staff is less so.

The reality of losing an undefined number of games to remove a member of staff is less so.
I guess that depends on how much damage they think is being done to the club.

Football teams lose games.

If a few short term defeats help take the club forward in the long term then I don’t think people wanting short term defeats as big of an issue as you.

I don’t want us to lose games. I want us to win every game but I can’t understand how you don’t see their view. It’s perfectly reasonable

If a few short term defeats help take the club forward in the long term then I don’t think people wanting short term defeats as big of an issue as you.

I don’t want us to lose games. I want us to win every game but I can’t understand how you don’t see their view. It’s perfectly reasonable

I said quite clearly that I understand the view.

Edit: and when we're ready, we just turn the defeats off like a tap, yeah?

Mousinho is so much more articulate than Robinson.

I enjoy listening to him because you don’t have to read between the lines, he just communicates more clearly and concisely than Robinson.
Most opposition managers are more articulate than KR so it’s a low bar

He starts to answer a question and the veers off on a tangent without finishing a sentence. When you’ve won a game and you are top half of the league it doesn’t matter much.
But when you lose fans want to know why and get annoyed when a good question isn’t answered properly
Same as ever because Radox always gets more callers when we lose and hardly any when we win well.So consequently more fans will want to hear him when we lose because they want to be reassured that things are going to be turned around.
Lately I think none of us get that feeling after his interviews

That’s the issue isn’t it? Some people say KR should be supported because winning isn’t everything and not every team should expect to be successful, but then get upset at the suggestion that a true supporter might accept a loss for the greater good long term…? 🤷🏻‍♂️

As I’ve mentioned on another thread, this whole debate is becoming more and more about KR the individual and less and less about the state of the football club?

Last edited:
That’s the issue isn’t it? Some people say KR should be supported because winning isn’t everything and not every team should expect to be successful, but then get upset at the suggestion that a true supporter might accept a loss for the greater good long term…? 🤷🏻‍♂️

As I’ve mentioned on another thread, this whole debate is becoming more and more about KR the individual and less and less about the state of the football club?

Spot on.

I have no idea why either! It was never the case with Wilder or Appleton. 2 managers that had factual success.

It’s a cult.

'A loss'?

Where's that come from?

We've had 10 including cups and he's still here!

Spot on.

I have no idea why either! It was never the case with Wilder or Appleton. 2 managers that had factual success.

It’s a cult.

You're in danger of becoming a parody of yourself here.

You're in danger of becoming a parody of yourself here.

Why’s that? I think it’s a valid point.

I generally think people are so scared of change because of the Appleton > Clotet switch that happened.
People are worried it can’t get better than KR & that the board will make a backwards appointment.

I’d like to believe there are better football managers than KR out there than would jump at the chance to manage the club I support & get us out of League 1.

I generally think people are so scared of change because of the Appleton > Clotet switch that happened.
People are worried it can’t get better than KR & that the board will make a backwards appointment.

I’d like to believe there are better football managers than KR out there than would jump at the chance to manage the club I support & get us out of League 1.
Kinnear and Kemp managed that, they got us out of League 1(div 3 back then)

We all wanted Denis Smith out and I believe it was the end of October that they came in.

I think Kinnear came as D of F

Anywat what we all thought was a great appointment didn’t exactly work out did it.

What a way to end our stay at the Manor

It's more the irony of you mentioning cults when @yellowbow mentioned it was more about the man than the wellbeing of the club for some.

2nd para: Not many would be scared of change I hope. I've seen very few 'who could be better...' type posts.

3rd para: spot on. Anyone who believes that KR couldn't be improved on is a bit of an idiot in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom