Ex Player Kyle Joseph

Wow! Huge response already. I'm just trying to have a bit of a chat and you're all straight on the defensive offensive. What's the problem exactly? Is this all about the play off semi and Brannagan still?

Joseph hasn't played yet. Succession of injuries! Probably won't play til October.
Bargain!

Blackpool Chairman Simon Sadler:

"It's this investment that has given us a likely top-six playing budget, and enables us to pay, for Kyle Joseph, the highest known transfer fee this year in League One."

Rumoured, according to most of your fans, to be around £1.3m

Mark Harris was a free agent by the way.

Bargain!

Blackpool Chairman Simon Sadler:

"It's this investment that has given us a likely top-six playing budget, and enables us to pay, for Kyle Joseph, the highest known transfer fee this year in League One."

Rumoured, according to most of your fans, to be around £1.3m

Mark Harris was a free agent by the way.
I've not heard that 1.3m rumour at all. It's all been 750k or 1m. It's probably 1m but its a nominal fee because it was part of the Yates negotiation so is effectively meaningless. It was just a swap with a cash adjustment. Which was probably tax influenced or something.

Harris was obviously an excellent acquisition. Oxford made a number of very good signings this summer as I remarked above and I expected you to have a good season and still do. The Blackpool forum has a large number of nobs on it. You do seem to have a few here too. Such is football fandom. Ive no idea how the rest of our season will pan out. Critch seems to be a slow starter, getting a system in place gradually. In theory we should improve but there's no guarantees. Our main issue is whether the strikers stay fit and perform.

Which of your signings have started well and which less well?

Wow! Huge response already. I'm just trying to have a bit of a chat and you're all straight on the defensive offensive. What's the problem exactly? Is this all about the play off semi and Brannagan still?
A lot of us spend much too much time on here and there's no match this weekend so we're probably secretly glad of the trolling just to give some of the old fellas something to do.

It's this or we have to get them all doing knitting or pilates or something

I've not heard that 1.3m rumour at all. It's all been 750k or 1m. It's probably 1m but its a nominal fee because it was part of the Yates negotiation so is effectively meaningless. It was just a swap with a cash adjustment. Which was probably tax influenced or something.

Harris was obviously an excellent acquisition. Oxford made a number of very good signings this summer as I remarked above and I expected you to have a good season and still do. The Blackpool forum has a large number of nobs on it. You do seem to have a few here too. Such is football fandom. Ive no idea how the rest of our season will pan out. Critch seems to be a slow starter, getting a system in place gradually. In theory we should improve but there's no guarantees. Our main issue is whether the strikers stay fit and perform.

Which of your signings have started well and which less well?

Nobody has shown themselves to be a signing I think we will regret. We don't really have enough to go on to rate Stevens, Perkins or Woltman. Thorniley hasn't been outstanding but then his main issue is that Negru has and so he too has been sidelined a fair bit. McEachran is probably the closest thing to a disappointment so far from the new batch but we really haven't given him enough time to tell. He clearly has some class and I'm sure it's a matter of things clicking.

Increasingly happy with Harris, Beadle, Edwards & Mills. RR middling well, our most exciting player on the right day but occasionally struggling with the speed of the game at this level and needs to sharpen his decision making a touch.

Joseph hasn't played yet. Succession of injuries! Probably won't play til October. But plenty of season left and we seem to be getting our s**t together at last. Good performance against Wigan with a changed system and Jensen Weir looking good.

And we've still only lost once and we managed a draw at home to Port Vale chaps! New signing Dembele looked pretty handy in the EFL cup the other night.

I think Harris is still on 3? No?
Oh, it’s back. Where was he when the were scraping nil, nil draws?

Or to put it simply, you reinvested £1m of the Yates fee into Joseph. Quite the gamble when we were not willing to offer more than 500k and that was based after watching him closely over an entire season. He has potential for sure, he might unlock more of that when he's back from injury and definitely has a 10 goal season in him at this level on current ability, is that worth £1m? Remains to be seen, I think there were better deals to be had out there though.

Or to put it simply, you reinvested £1m of the Yates fee into Joseph. Quite the gamble when we were not willing to offer more than 500k and that was based after watching him closely over an entire season. He has potential for sure, he might unlock more of that when he's back from injury and definitely has a 10 goal season in him at this level on current ability, is that worth £1m? Remains to be seen, I think there were better deals to be had out there though.
You're guessing about how the fee worked. Everybody is. Our negotiators obviously tried to get the best deal for Yates and including Joseph worked out as the best way. We unlikely had a million to go and spend and i doubt we'd have spent it on Josepg if we had. Otherwise we'd have been back for Brannagan. 😆

He had a 10 goal season last season in a struggling side. So I think there's a bit of grudge in your sentiments.

Nobody has shown themselves to be a signing I think we will regret. We don't really have enough to go on to rate Stevens, Perkins or Woltman. Thorniley hasn't been outstanding but then his main issue is that Negru has and so he too has been sidelined a fair bit. McEachran is probably the closest thing to a disappointment so far from the new batch but we really haven't given him enough time to tell. He clearly has some class and I'm sure it's a matter of things clicking.

Increasingly happy with Harris, Beadle, Edwards & Mills. RR middling well, our most exciting player on the right day but occasionally struggling with the speed of the game at this level and needs to sharpen his decision making a touch.
You have loads of options and the side should improve as the new lads settle in. Some good options. Some very young, including the keeper, but Prem quality no doubt.

We unlikely had a million to go and spend and i doubt we'd have spent it on Josepg if we had.
"It's this investment that has given us a likely top-six playing budget, and enables us to pay, for Kyle Joseph, the highest known transfer fee this year in League One.""

Doesn't sound like your Chairman agrees with you...

"It's this investment that has given us a likely top-six playing budget, and enables us to pay, for Kyle Joseph, the highest known transfer fee this year in League One.""

Doesn't sound like your Chairman agrees with you...
It was our owner and his statement is defending spending on the squad against criticism. We didn't give Swansea any money for Joseph. No money left Blackpool's bank account.

I think you're choosing to interpret the transfer the way you want to. Just as our owner was presenting it the way he wanted to.

It was our owner and his statement is defending spending on the squad against criticism. We didn't give Swansea any money for Joseph. No money left Blackpool's bank account.

I think you're choosing to interpret the transfer the way you want to. Just as our owner was presenting it the way he wanted to.
Well, you're choosing to interpret "enables us to pay for Kyle Joseph" as "we didn't pay any money for Kyle Joseph".

Whereas I interpret "enables us to pay for Kyle Joseph" as you paying money for Kyle Joseph. I think that one makes more sense don't you think?

I also tend to trust the owner of the football club to know more about the transfer and accounts than "Pool_Fan" who is currently trying to justify the price on an opposition forum.

At the end of the day, you sold Yates for around £2.5m and £1m of that has been put into Joseph when it could have spent on anyone. You chose to do that deal with Swansea when you had the bargaining power, it's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you're so keen to cover up the fee spent on him, especially over on the Oxford forum.

You're guessing about how the fee worked. Everybody is. Our negotiators obviously tried to get the best deal for Yates and including Joseph worked out as the best way. We unlikely had a million to go and spend and i doubt we'd have spent it on Josepg if we had. Otherwise we'd have been back for Brannagan. 😆

He had a 10 goal season last season in a struggling side. So I think there's a bit of grudge in your sentiments.
Not really actually prefer Harris to Joseph. Both work their socks off, neither are proven goalscorer, but will score in this league.
Come for Brannagan if you like as we are certainly less reliant upon him. Your million + is as good as anybodys. But you being nearer the sea I would have thought you would understand when the ship has sailed!!

Well, you're choosing to interpret "enables us to pay for Kyle Joseph" as "we didn't pay any money for Kyle Joseph".

Whereas I interpret "enables us to pay for Kyle Joseph" as you paying money for Kyle Joseph. I think that one makes more sense don't you think?

I also tend to trust the owner of the football club to know more about the transfer and accounts than "Pool_Fan" who is currently trying to justify the price on an opposition forum.

At the end of the day, you sold Yates for around £2.5m and £1m of that has been put into Joseph when it could have spent on anyone. You chose to do that deal with Swansea when you had the bargaining power, it's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you're so keen to cover up the fee spent on him, especially over on the Oxford forum.
Well no. We gave Swansea no money in fact! We have no idea what the two players were valued at, it's just conjecture. Youre 2.5m and 1m are just two of the guesses out there on the internet.

I'm not covering the fee up. I'm responding to you telling me what happened when you've no more idea than I have.

Joseph is a good player who could well end up worth the million he cost you, at 22 years old already has 90 something games and 19 goals to his name, he impressed here on loan and is a player I would of liked here, good athlete with a great attitude.
Not the greatest finisher but has plenty else to his game, my only worry for you would be that's the second injury which has kept him out for a few months in less than a year, he puts himself about so you have to expect the odd knock though and it might just be a bad run of luck.
However, he cost you a million or more, no point denying it, not certain why you are to be honest.

Well no. We gave Swansea no money in fact! We have no idea what the two players were valued at, it's just conjecture. Youre 2.5m and 1m are just two of the guesses out there on the internet.

I'm not covering the fee up. I'm responding to you telling me what happened when you've no more idea than I have.