Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah it's just our usual press day.

We have had our share of managers say no approach and then leave - I'm looking at you Sam Allardyce but I think this is on the level tbh
Of course there is no approach until something official is drawn up and offered between the clubs.
Doesn't mean conversations weren't had around the topic by some/all parties - to your Allardyce point.
Letting it play out half the week, especially when asked for comment by outlets previously is an interesting tactic.

We'll never (officially) know.
But does look like it's coming to a close at our end and it won't be Williams whether he was in the mix or not.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Hope you finish above Wrexham.
I'm sure it won't be long until the next link for Williams is in the media and if so, it means you're still going well.

Possibly, although Manning told our media that- and promptly moved within a couple of days.
Difference being that Manning didn't pin his future to the mast of OUFC which we all expected him to do.

I’m going for appleton

Stranger things have happened, but not much stranger!

Interviewed for the job last year, sounds like it came down to Manning or Mapp at the time.

Less than 2 years of his contract left at Charlton, so cheaper than Williams or Buckingham.

A chance to work with Faz again.

Plus he’s a ‘drifter’ from club to club….

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom